Model Cars Magazine Forum

’68 Camaro

Scale-Master

Those seats look fabulous! I've wanted to do a houndstooth interior for years and have even figgered out a couple ways to pull it off, but doubt that I have the skill and/or the patience to actually DO it. Well done!

Some of the Revell '69 Camaro kits came with houndstooth decals. The Pace Car has them, but in the limited use orange and black.

There is another kit that has the hockey stripes and rally stripes that also includes black & white houndstooth seat decals.

The pattern is identical to these, (I did the art for those kits and pulled the same pattern from my files).

But I don't know how well the '69 decals work on '68 (or '67) seats. Some trimming would be required, if they are wide enough to cover the earlier years. The '69 upper seat areas also have six little buttons printed in the art to match the seats. While the buttons are tiny it would be up to the builder if that was too much to deal with on the other years.

Haven't been in this thread for a while, sorry.

Didn't mean to come off as a "hater" (whatever that is), but the stinger on this hood just doesn't look like the real one to me. But maybe it's just me. But for those who like it, good for you. B)

68BMCamaro007.jpg

i can see what you're sayin Snake.

• 2 weeks later...

What did you paint the wheels with?? they look great..

Thanks guys.

The tread was shot with the cheap 99 cent Wal-Mart house brand flat black. It's so flat it almost looks gray. The side walls were shot with Semi Gloss Black before decaling and then Dullcoted. Once dry I just rubbed them to knock the flat "up" to look like they were Armor All'd.

Oh, I just realized you asked about the wheels Carl, not the tires. The silver is Alclad. I thinned it with medium acrylic reducer and shot at as low a pressure I could and still get the paint to come out of the airbrush.

You used an "acrylic" reducer instead of a lacquer?

Del, the Revell '69 Camaro kit has a 302 with a cross ram.

I just used this AMT engine because it was handy and I already used the body for another project.

Coincidence, I was looking at one today in Wallyworld, I'm gonna have to dig through my stash to see how many of those I've got put away. I'm thinking I've got at least two left.

Thanks guys.

The tread was shot with the cheap 99 cent Wal-Mart house brand flat black. It's so flat it almost looks gray. The side walls were shot with Semi Gloss Black before decaling and then Dullcoted. Once dry I just rubbed them to knock the flat "up" to look like they were Armor All'd.

Oh, I just realized you asked about the wheels Carl, not the tires. The silver is Alclad. I thinned it with medium acrylic reducer and shot at as low a pressure I could and still get the paint to come out of the airbrush.

Wheels look so realistic. Tires look great also.