Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Ford Custom - New York State Police

tomsheehy

Here's a replica NYSP Thruway unit, built from a Modelhaus resin 4 door sedan kit, mated to the venerable AMT 65 Galaxie kit for the chassis. I swapped the engine to a detailed 390 from the AMT Fairlane kit, a correct engine for the NYSP. Interior was detailed with seat pattern decals from Scale Motorsports. Paint is correct Ford Wimbledon white and NYSP Fleet blue from a supply of real touch up paint. For those familiar with NYSP cars from the 60s, most were white and black Plymouths, however the cars that patrolled the NYS Thruway were white and dark blue and were mostly Fords. Decals are a mix of Pursuit Plastics and custom. Police parts are mostly resin from the parts box, roof light is an old vacuum formed light from the aftermarket.

photo4-vi.jpgphoto-vi.jpgphoto8-vi.jpgphoto-vi.jpgphoto6-vi.jpgphoto4-vi.jpgphoto3-vi.jpg

Very nice looking Ford. Nice to see these Four Doors being built as models (But in real life I prefer 2D models). Nice work on this one, it looks very authentic to me and your detail work looks good too. Especially I like the black wash on that grille. Somehow it looks so nice and clean.

Looks very good!

I always like black and white police colors, but this one was uninspired. The new NYSP cars do look better. ... and that's not a comment on your build here. . it's a good one and great to see what they did back then!