Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stupid People Doing Stupid Things

Quick GMC

When I was a kid, we made model rockets that used balking soda and vinegar as propellant, specifically BECAUSE they produced a gas when mixed, at significant pressure in a closed container.

We learned about it in science class, but because today's early education seems to feel that science is irrelevant (along with most of the American public) I guess it's news to morons like the one in the clip.

Here's a 6-year-old making a vinegar/ soda rocket.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I just saw a story on TV about the latest youtube craze... kids pouring lighter fluid or nail polish remover (acetone) on themselves and lighting themselves on fire. No kidding.

The explanation from a girl who did it and got 2nd degree burns over 30% of her body: she never saw anyone who did it die from it.

The future of our country.

God help us.

Some of these clips come from a show called Outrageous acts of science. I think one of the worst one of these was a woman who tried to swallow a serving spoon full of cinnamon. After she was done, she said her lungs burned for a week. Well no kidding!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyk7utV_D2I

Edited by Pete J.

We all like to watch half-wits do dumb stuff...

Yeah, and even though a LARGE part of my career has consisted of UN-doing stupid stuff done by stupid people, it's still sometimes hard to look away. Kinda like watching a train wreck.

Oh, the humanity.

f846da92729044f92ef92d67d77b067f4533568a

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

That's it. After seeing the cactus body slam, we need the cactuses to start providing themselves with signs and some kind barrier to protect themselves from idiot humans. They should also get insurance. Because you know someone is going blame the cactus for this and sue someday. Those evil stupid cactuses tempting kids like that.

What's next for "cactus body slamming boy"? Kissing porcupines? I suggest licking hi-power voltage lines. What harm can come from that?

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

Morons do these stupid stunts and post them online. Then the videos get millions of hits.

So not only do we have plenty of people who do stupid things, we have plenty of people who watch people do stupid things and consider it to be "entertainment." That's the state of our society today. Idiocy is entertainment. :rolleyes:

That's it. After seeing the cactus body slam, we need the cactuses to start providing themselves with signs and some kind barrier to protect themselves from idiot humans. They should also get insurance. Because you someone is going blame the cactus for this and sue someday. Those evil stupid cactuses tempting kids like that.

What's next for "cactus body slamming boy"? Kissing porcupines? I suggest licking hi-power voltage lines. What harm can come from that?

Scott

Considering how much some Cacti cost, suing for damages or cost recovery wouldn't be unreasonable.

did you ever watch jack ass on mtv i just don't understand why anyone would do these things to themselves. i won't watch this trash but kids love it kinda scary and to think this generation will be taking care of us :blink:

vince

Johnny Knoxville is stuck with a catheter for the rest of his life. He's a good guy, the rest are questionable.