Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bruce larson`s: USA 1 Camaro F/C "Finished" pictures posted 7/12/12

Hello......thanks guys for kind comments......I mocked -up the big block and made some front motor mounts...... and made some master cylinders......now that I now this car ran rear struts......I will make them and fuel and water tank brackets tonight......thanks for looking.

DSCF0995.jpg

DSCF0994.jpg

DSCF0991.jpg

DSCF0992.jpg

Hello.........Richard and Dave thank you for the kind comments.......I made a steering linkage ,rear struts and fuel and water tank brackets.......tonight I will make a engine torque bar and work on the rear brakes.....this is just a mock-up.......everything will be fine sanded and straight.......thanks for looking.

DSCF1019.jpg

DSCF1014.jpg

DSCF1013.jpg

DSCF1011.jpg

DSCF1008.jpg

Hello........I did some work on the rear brakes and made some rotors......also made electric primer/fuel pump that fits underneath the bottom of the floor pan .......also made a splash pan......I will start work on the engine tonight ........thanks for looking.

DSCF1022.jpg

DSCF1020.jpg

DSCF1028.jpg

DSCF1027.jpg

Dr Cranky is right. Good stuff. Good progress.

Question- looks like the rotors are made from styrene? If so, how do you make a perfect circle out of styrene? A blade attached to a compass?

Dave.......I layed down a rear wheel inner on a sheet of styrene and traced around it.....cut it out and filed around the edge and drilled center hole and filed that also......then drilled all the little holes......thanks

Hello.....thank you all for your kind comments.......my good friend Art Laski gave me a spare drag engine with a couple of Chevy valve covers for this build......thanks Art..........I combined parts from his engine with the Corvette big block engine that I had.......I made a new injector.......and used "Pro Tech" pulleys........I made some brackets for the blower and made a front pulley plate........I drilled out the valve cover cap and put it further up front like the 1:1 car.......I re-shaped and drilled the headers......I noticed on my pictures a few things are out of scale......I will fix that.......thats the good thing about pictures ......it magnifies things ......so you can make changes if needed.......thanks for looking.

DSCF1031.jpg

DSCF1045.jpg

DSCF1044.jpg

DSCF1046.jpg

DSCF1030.jpg