Model Cars Magazine Forum

a few more from gseeds

gseeds

Gseed, where are you from? One of our clubmembers just happens to be Larry Alexander, of the Alexander Bros., the gentlemen who built the Deora. He had a stretched Deora car hauler that looks just like yours! It's even the same color! Just wonderin if your not Larry, goin incogneto. If your not, WELCOME to the forum,and if you ARE, WELCOME to the forum!

Gary, I'm glad to see you put these up!

Guys,

After seeing Gary's work first hand, I can honestly say that pictures DO NOT do his models justice! They are truly works of art!!! ALL of the 70's psychedelic paint you see here is actual paint, NOT DECALS!!!

If you think just looking at his paint work is amazing, you should see him actually paint one! Gary can do a paint job in minutes that would take me MONTHS to do, and my paint job wouldn't even come out good enough to be used as a base for one of Gary's works of art!

-Scott H.

Edited by Scott H. AKA Cpt. Bondo

Hey Gary,

You still da man..! Liked your work then & like it now..! Welcome & I'm glad you're still alive & building.

PS- What ever became of the Uncertain Tree..?

Hizoot :blink:B)

hey jeff,

nice to hear from you, yes im still alive and kickin,i moved here and opened a custom paint shop,paint mostly choppers and hot rods, "BADSEED DESIGN STUDIO "i think about you about once a week, everytime i use one of your sanding sticks, i still have and use them all the time,thanks again for those,they have really come in handy over the years, the Uncertain Tree, i sold that rite before i moved here to the east coast, for those you who dont know what were talking about,a few years ago i started building my version of the Uncertain T show rod built back in the 60's,only mine had a woody body all made of wood, hence the name Uncertain " Tree " heres a picture of the real car as far as it got before i sold it,and a drawing of the gen idea i was going for,anyway jeff glad to see you here!

woody2.jpg

penciluntwoody1.jpg

pencilwoody1.jpg

Edited by gseeds

Thanks for posting that Gary,

Kinda brings back fond memories... I'm glad to hear you're still painting but what's it like in So. Carolina..? Just doesn't sound like the hot bed of auto customization (except for yourself). Keep up the good work & if you need more sanding sticks, I bet I can find a few for ya..!

Hizoot :)

Thanks for posting that Gary,

Kinda brings back fond memories... I'm glad to hear you're still painting but what's it like in So. Carolina..? Just doesn't sound like the hot bed of auto customization (except for yourself). Keep up the good work & if you need more sanding sticks, I bet I can find a few for ya..!

Hizoot :)

hey jeff,

its kinda like the little fish in a big pond there, or i could be the big fish in a little pond here, theres custom work here just not like LA, theres work to keep me busy because theres just not many custom painters here, today im working on a custom paint job for a motorcycle,and yesterday i just finished a airbrush grille and headlite job on a 65 falcon drag car, and more work lined up.it did get slow when it got cold here but now its warming back up so work flowing back in,last summer i was crasy busy, i do miss the model car action in california and if i ever do move back,and i may, it will be for the model shows and people, heres the falcon i finished yesterday, two days work,talk to you later,gary.

falcon013.jpg

falcon011.jpg

Edited by gseeds

• 2 weeks later...

hay Gary. check in with hobby town and get your gift card from the model show. (I got mine already). diggen the builds that I didn't see at the show. I'd like to see more also. I'll give ya a call later and find your new shop , I'd like to stop by and hang out for a bit. I told ya this site was pretty cool. I'm liken the ability to look at the builds you put on here.... ;)

Holy Shamoly, after seein that Falcon, Yeeesh, it's no wonder your paint jobs are so killer!!! You do EXCELLENT work, and your reasons for moving to a smaller, quieter location sure do sound valid to me. I wish you luck in your endevour, cas man, your REALLY GOOD!!! ;)

Edited by george 53