Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 512s Coda Lunga

MonoPed

Someone please check the temperature of Hell, I think it's frozen. Not only have I finished more than one model this year, I finished one that has been on and off the bench for way too long! It's a 1970 Ferrari 512s Coda Lunga, as chassis #1038 driven by Jacky Ickx and Peter Schetty (before it was wrecked) in that year's 24 hours of Le Mans. Built from the Fisher curbside resin kit with a few mods. I made new door and back windows for a better fit, made a one-piece rear spoiler from .020" sheet, as well as the front winglets from the same. The kit came with PE parts, but the rear spoiler was three pieces, and it seemed like they would be more difficult to

attach. The roll bars are aluminum tube, and I made the intake trumpets from flared aluminum tube. The vents in the fenders are made from .010" sheet. Paint is Tamiya TS-08 Italian Red, the tires are a mix of semi gloss black and NATO black, with the decals from the '66 Penske Vette kit. This was my first full resin kit, and was a pretty interesting build. It won't be my last :-)

1970-Ferrari-512s-01.jpg

1970-Ferrari-512s-02.jpg

1970-Ferrari-512s-03.jpg

1970-Ferrari-512s-04.jpg

1970-Ferrari-512s-05.jpg

1970-Ferrari-512s-06.jpg

1970-Ferrari-512s-07.jpg

HORRAY!!!!

I've been wondering about this one for a long time. I've been following it since you first started it waaaay long ago!

It was well worth the wait. It looks GREAT!

Congratulations on a great job.

I love it!

Thanks,