Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Front Engine Dragster Project - Finished

Mooneyzs

Aaron... Thank you.

John... Thanks Brother.... its going to look good sitting in between your snake and mongoose FED's Hump-vi.gif

Brad... Thank you... The week is getting here fast. I still have a few things to do... just hope it all gets done...lol

Ray... Thank you sir. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Danno... Thank you

Mike... Thank you my friend. I really appreciate it, Then I can finally get back to the army funny car :D . You are right Charlie is one of the nicest guys and his braid blows everything else out of the water.

Dave... Thank you my friend. I appreciate it.

Darryl.... Thank you very much!

Edited by Mooneyzs

SO I got a little bench time in an made minor progress tonight. Thought I was going to get farther but there is tomorrow...lol Here is what I did....

I started out by getting the studs cut down and installed into the hub and then I decided that I needed to polish the rims to give it that extra touch.... Here is one polished and one non polished:

PlasticModels5391-vi.jpg

Then here is the both of them with the studs glued into the hubs the tire bolted to the hub as well as the valve stem glued in:

PlasticModels5431-vi.jpg

Here I have glued the rear hubs to the axle using my 1-2-3 blocks to keep everything straight and allowing the glue to dry over night and then I will unbolt the rims so that I can glue the calipers on and then I can move onto the next part of this last week crunch for the show this weekend.:

PlasticModels5461-vi.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs

Brad... thank you my Brother. I really want ths on done... here is my final to do list.....

-Glue calipers on

-Work on fixing headers

-Paint headers Flat Black

-Drill hole in fire bottle switch for line

-paint fire bottle switch

-Make nozzles for fire supression lines

-Finish color sanding body

-Sand Inner body panels

-Paint inner paneks Flat Black

-Install steering column

-Install clutch pedal

-Make steering shaft

-Glue Front Wheels on

Mike... thank you. I have been chipoing away at this list.

Dave... thank you my friend. It looks much better with the slicks on...lol i keep debating if I shiuld paint the letters white or just leave them. Lol

Bob... i have been getting a few things done trying to button it up. I will get some pics up later this evening. I got the headers done and painted. Will glue them onto the block when i get home. I finish color/wet sanding the body panels last night and just need to hit those panels with some polishing compound. Also painted most of the inner body panels flat black but have a few more to paint today. Then i jist need roninstall those panels, glue the frint tires in and make the steering shaft and I think it should be done then.

Brad... thank you my Brother. I really want ths on done... here is my final to do list.....

-Glue calipers on

-Work on fixing headers

-Paint headers Flat Black

-Drill hole in fire bottle switch for line

-paint fire bottle switch

-Make nozzles for fire supression lines

-Finish color sanding body

-Sand Inner body panels

-Paint inner paneks Flat Black

-Install steering column

-Install clutch pedal

-Make steering shaft

-Glue Front Wheels on

From the looks of that list, ... ten, fifteen minutes max. :lol: You oughta be done by now! ;)

Hey Bob... i have to apologize that i didnt get pics up like I said I would. I have been staying up late the past few night teying to get this done for the show tomorrow. It is almso there. Just a few last things to to when I get home tonight from work and I will try to get a few pics up tonight

Danno... my list is much smaller now...:D

-paint inside headers a jet exhaust color

-add nozzles for fire supression lines

-make steering shaft

-paint fire bottle push knob red

-paint gas cap and install

-oh yeah and give it a nice wipe down to clean my finger prints off the body...lol

I think that is it and can call it done

Dave... it will be there all nice and shinny..... sitting between Johns Twins... lol

Bob... Thank you for the kind words. You are definitely right that my thrash took much longer than I thought it would. I had 3 very late nights trying to get those last details completed and I put more hours in that I had expected. Tomorrow I will get some competed shots for you with it on the workbench. I apologize that I have slacked on getting pics posted. Today was a very lazy day of me laying around because this past week caught up with me. Then I will have to get some nice outside shots when I posted it in the under glass section.

Brad... Thank you so much my big brother. I had an absolute blast hanging out with you yesterday. Your Tear drop trailer was amazing. Everyone who comes to the Drag racing section needs to go into all of the rest to check this tear drop diorama out. It was a well deserved award winning the Diorama class. You are an amazing and talented builder and I admire you work.

Bob... isnt that the truth about those small tasks can take more time than we think. Had a blast at the show. The dragster was photographed by model cars magazine. The dragster didnt place. My gig brother John Teresi took 1st with his Garlits streamliner which was well deserved because that build was just flat out gorgeous and a killer build. And his twins (Prudhomme and Mongoose) FED's took 2nd and 3rd. I was proud and happy for my brother for sweeping the class.the detail on both of those were amazing.

I was proud of myself for just finishing this dragster in time for the show as well as this was the first build i have completed in 3-1/2 years since I started my 1/16th Army Vega F/C.

Chris' dragster didn't miss by much. It was nearly a three-way-tie for 2nd place in that class! But it got down to counting gnats' asses . . .

That was quite a sight!!!! A TF-sandwich. Chris' dragster sitting between the Teresi Twins. WOW! Trying to pick a ranking between those three. Whew!

Unbelievable challenge. All three were up to the task and more than worthy!