Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Front Engine Dragster Project - Finished

Mooneyzs

I got some more bench time on this one tonight. Was able to get the two rear body panels polished out and installed as well as started on the brake work. I will let the pics do the talking.....

Here are the two rear panels after color sanding and polishing it out. Very happy with the finish on them. Was trying to get a really good shot for you to see how smooth it turned out:

PlasticModels4991-vi.jpg

Here are a couple of shots of the body panels being glued in to position. I used some Tamiya tape to hold them in place while the glue dried and you won't believe me but I used Micro Scales Micro krystal Klear to glue them in place...lol:

PlasticModels5031-vi.jpg

Bottom View:

PlasticModels5041-vi.jpg

Getting the brake calipers glued into place:

PlasticModels5051-vi.jpg

The other side:

PlasticModels5071-vi.jpg

Here are a couple of what I thought cool looking shots to share with you:

PlasticModels5101-vi.jpg

PlasticModels5111-vi.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs

Man Chris that's looking great. Now that those body panels are on, you can really get some major progress done. I really love the colors on this build. Everything seems to pop. I might just be convinced, you know what I'm talking about. :D

Danno.... thanks buddy B)

Brad.... thank you. i have to agree the colors work pretty good together. I am hoping to be able to complete the brake lines tonight as well. Then I can get the engine and driveine glued into place. Install the gas pedal and linkages. As well as Get back to the headers and maybe even add the stud details to ther rear wheels.

Mike.... thank you my friend. It is getting closer for sure but seems I keep thinking of little extras to work on lol

Steve... thank you.

Hey Fellas.... I wanted to give you all an update. I got some bench time in last night but wasnt able to get any pics up. I worked on the brakes and got all of the brake lines made and installed. Boy i gotta tell you they were a little bit of a pain in the butt... took a couple hours to get them right but while installing them i broke my brake lever so now I need to fix that as well as the bracket for the steering gear box. I busted too. Tonight when i get home from work I am gonna fix these few things as well as getting the motor installed and a few other goodies done. If I can get everything done tonight like i would like to, all that I would have left is polishing the body and getting the headers finished and glue the wheels in place... I think. I hope to have some good pics to show later this evening with an update. Stay tuned B)

Edited by Mooneyzs

Ok Fellas... So I got more work done last night and was too tired to post pics last night. Here are the pics

Here is the brake line set up:

PlasticModels5161-vi.jpg

I got the Engine Glued in place:

PlasticModels5311-vi.jpg

Installed the oil filters along with Pro Tech braided line. you can totally tell how much better the pro tech line is compared what I had installed 17 years ago. I really would love to change out the other lines with Charlies:

PlasticModels5331-vi.jpg

Here I installed the Kit gas pedal and linkages along with the polished floor that I made from a cut up soda can many many years ago...lol:

PlasticModels5371-vi.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs