Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just loved this one!!

As a fanatic fan of Star Trek (please, exclude from that the trash movies being done now with Chris Pine) I just love the Enterprise.

This Enterprise is the Bandai 1/850 kit, that actually come predecorated. and with complete wiring to lights.

I would recommend it to any Star Trek fan, it builds very easily, without issues, and results on a cool looking model.

19654635.b0e0e9b2.800.jpg

Enterprise par Túlio Lazzaroni Lovefordgalaxie, on ipernity

19654675.392faeb3.800.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job. I like your photography. How did you do the "in space" look?

That was easy. I just took pictures of the ship against the night sky with the camera settings at the higher ISO and without flash.

I was holding the ship by it's base, that contains the batteries. Then I just erased the base on Photoshop, and I was done.

That was easy. I just took pictures of the ship against the night sky with the camera settings at the higher ISO and without flash.

I was holding the ship by it's base, that contains the batteries. Then I just erased the base on Photoshop, and I was done.

Neat trick! I'll have to try that. Thanks.

WOW ! 1/850 scale ? That ship must be huge in real life.

I always liked Star Trek better than Star Wars.......

Not really, at 1/650 is is about 18 " or so, so smaller than that. Now the 1/350 one, and the 1/350 TOS Enterprise are almost 3 feet in length. Those are big! Nice assembly work.

Edited by midnightprowler

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

That is a great looking Enterprise.

Scott the only time I've seen the Bandai kit or any of the others besides Revell and Polar Lights is at the Star Trek convention here in Las Vegas. As you can imagine the vendor area is ENORMOUS and one entire corner is models and built ups. The kits are expensive as all get out too.

G

The Ban Dai Enterprise comes both pre-painted and lighted? Cool! Do they offer any other Star Trek models? And I wonder if we can get them in the US?

Scott

They made a few, about 10 years ago, they were distributed in the US but not in very large numbers. (I worked for the company that distributed them at the time). They're out of production now, but pop up on eBay.

1/850 Enterprise refit (later reisssued as Enterprise-A with decals for sister ships)

1/850 Enterprise NX-01

1/1700 Enterprise-E

1/850 Voyager (last of the line, very rare)

Aoshima also made a very similar pre-painted and lighted 1/2000 kit of the Enterprise-D

Edited by Brett Barrow

That is a great looking Enterprise.

Scott the only time I've seen the Bandai kit or any of the others besides Revell and Polar Lights is at the Star Trek convention here in Las Vegas. As you can imagine the vendor area is ENORMOUS and one entire corner is models and built ups. The kits are expensive as all get out too.

G

They made a few, about 10 years ago, they were distributed in the US but not in very large numbers. (I worked for the company that distributed them at the time). They're out of production now, but pop up on eBay.

1/850 Enterprise refit (later reisssued as Enterprise-A with decals for sister ships)

1/850 Enterprise NX-01

1/1700 Enterprise-E

1/850 Voyager (last of the line, very rare)

Aoshima also made a very similar pre-painted and lighted 1/2000 kit of the Enterprise-D

Thanks for the info guys. Detail painting spacecraft can be a bit of pain. Star Trek or others. So wish more kits like Bandai's were offered. I'd love get my hands on a Bandai like TOS Enterprise and the Enterprise from the new movies with Chris Pine. Sorry Tulio, I like the new movies. A lot! But, to each his own.

Scott

• 2 months later...