Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Chevy Bel Air "Speedster" ALL WHEEL DRIVE NORTHSTAR pics UPDATE (8-10-2014)

Kennyboy

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't forgot you guys!............Life got in the way of putting up some good progress pics.........

I have been sanding and filling constant on this one. Chopped the windshield down a scale 6 inches..... Also, I have started to cut out the doors and trunk too.

Here are some updated pics:

P1030040_zpsfc4e710b.jpg

P1030042_zps58f07c38.jpg

P1030044_zps0f448d4c.jpg

P1030045_zps06d81efe.jpg

P1030046_zps1faaf9b4.jpg

P1030047_zps311e8bbb.jpg

P1030037_zps7c7b6e5e.jpg

This is going to be an excellent build. I really like the direction you are going with it. It reminds me of a 1956 Chevy speedster that Chip Foose built for comedian Christopher Titus some years back. Looking forward to seeing more on this build. Keep up the great work.

http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/featuredvehicles/135_0310_foose_built_1956_chevrolet_roadster

22-Titus56Chevy.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs

Thanks so much Chris! Trying to get an idea of what color to do it in.........Robin's egg blue? :D

Ken... You are welcome. Man I am not sure what to say on the color because there are so many great ones to use on this one. Were you thinking a single color or two tone??

Thank you for the inspiration Chris!

I am moving forward on this......last night I went to Menards and got some blades for cutting out the remaining door. It worked SO good I had to share with you guys!!

I used the Dremel Moto saw metal cutting blades which are very thin and not wavy like most jigsaw blades. You guys should try them!!

S85-0881P02WL.jpg

For some reason I cant quote here at work........... That is a great idea Chris to do a two tone! Like aqua and white perhaps??

Thank you to the others who commented as well......I appreciate the support greatly! B)

Aqua and whit sounds really good and don't forget the classic black and silver. Just had to throw that one in Ken...

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the kind words guys! Sorry I havent had any updates until now (Summer time is a little rough for build time.)

Been working pretty hard (when I can) on the engine for this build......the Northstar Supercharged! Going to wire up the engine, do fuel rails and injectors, and wiring harnesses. The belt and pullies are from a Printer I stole parts from. :D

014_zpsb96d59a6.jpg

018_zps7101e3c4.jpg

021_zpsf4269ee9.jpg

022_zps5c16715f.jpg

026_zpsb25e6cc0.jpg