Model Cars Magazine Forum

'64 Oldsmobile Cutlass Htop

mangodart

Hi guys,

Just an old build that I would like to share with you, it's an original Oldsmobile Cutlass from 1964, it's his second life as I built it in the 90ies with a very lowered stance and typical wheels from the area, I decide years later to reworked it ( as everything was done to preserve the rarity of the model ) with some Torque Thrust with red line tires to be 60ies correct, and some foil job on it. Otherwise it is built stock, no wiring, just the "plain" '64 AMT job

Hope you'll like it ;)

DSC03214.jpg

DSC03215.jpg

DSC03216.jpg

DSC03217.jpg

Just for giggles, and since I happen to have the pic on p-bucket already, here's an unbuilt kit I bought off eBay (fairly spendy) five or six years ago. Many of the parts were off the trees so I set it together just for fun. The optional humped hood was painted, and that optional oddball intake setup for the engine was missing, but otherwise it's a nice complete unbuilt kit.

Shortly after buying this, I found a nice resin repro on eBay and bought that too. I'll build the resin repro and leave the original in its box for history. I just happen to have an original chassis and engine left over from "back in the day" and my plan is to build the repop up box-stock, but to ALSO build another "street racer" chassis/engine/wheels for it ('67 Chevelle chassis), along with the humped hood, so I can display it either stock or street rat as the mood strikes me. How's that for a plan?

64Cutlass01.jpg