Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 2 weeks later...

I just dug out a reissued '26 Dump truck. I have some ideas, but I also have some things I am going to have to figure out before I can build any of my ideas. (Mostly replacement wheels and tires) I may also need some history lessons to keep my build realistic!

Just waiting for April! (Although, if the MPC DM600 is out by April, I might change my mind...)

I just dug out a reissued '26 Dump truck. I have some ideas, but I also have some things I am going to have to figure out before I can build any of my ideas. (Mostly replacement wheels and tires) I may also need some history lessons to keep my build realistic!

Just waiting for April! (Although, if the MPC DM600 is out by April, I might change my mind...)

Mine will be wearing some AITM wheels. Go check em out if you havent.

The resin wheels are coming from AITM, and the cummins will be a modified AMT kit engine.

I've wanted to backdate one to an HB600, but I've never been able to find any good pics of one.

Anyway, I might get in on this- I've got the Monogram AC Tanker in the unbuilt pile... no idea what I'll do with it as of now. Like many others, I'm also waiting for the DM reissue.

I've wanted to backdate one to an HB600, but I've never been able to find any good pics of one.

Anyway, I might get in on this- I've got the Monogram AC Tanker in the unbuilt pile... no idea what I'll do with it as of now. Like many others, I'm also waiting for the DM reissue.

Cool man, lets do it! The more the merrier.

I dont have a whole lot of info on the HB 6. I have some driver side pics of a military truck with one, and some pics of an AC Mack with one. Im going to do the best I can with what I have and thatll be ok for me. PM me your email and Ill send you what I have.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it must be divination. I received my gift cards I won from work and the new truck at the hobby shop was the Mac DM600, so I grabbed it. Looks like I might go ahead and join y'all, though can't be sure I'll get it done before the end of the month.

Big question is color scheme. It's going to be a fleet truck.

Well, it must be divination. I received my gift cards I won from work and the new truck at the hobby shop was the Mac DM600, so I grabbed it. Looks like I might go ahead and join y'all, though can't be sure I'll get it done before the end of the month.

Big question is color scheme. It's going to be a fleet truck.

Theres no deadline on the build, were just buildin some Macks in April. As far as color scheme, when in doubt go white and red!

Well I DID Buy a can of Hunter Green that was on sale, might look nice. My wife is off her job again and can't go back now because the old fella she was takin care of passed away the other day. So I can't go buy any new paint, gotta deal with what I have. I wonder if any of the decals I have around here would look good on this thing in Hunter Green, maybe a white access color, like white wheels. I'd like to do a Roadway rig, but I can't find any of these Macks, 1:1 in Roadway livery.

Well I DID Buy a can of Hunter Green that was on sale, might look nice. My wife is off her job again and can't go back now because the old fella she was takin care of passed away the other day. So I can't go buy any new paint, gotta deal with what I have. I wonder if any of the decals I have around here would look good on this thing in Hunter Green, maybe a white access color, like white wheels. I'd like to do a Roadway rig, but I can't find any of these Macks, 1:1 in Roadway livery.

We'll, hunter green with a red frame and white roof was a common color scheme around New York. I've seen many Mack's, Autocars, Brockways, etc painted these colors.

a master modelerattachicon.gifDSC04222.JPG was Gerald Wingrove. period. there are alot of other brass hacker wanna be's. jewelers torch mastery a must for starters, you shouldn't ever have solder cleanup to do. just glad they're not brazing or doing complex bodies.

How about Augie Hiscano??? He was pretty good as well.

Be Well

Gator

Hey Guys, Old Buckaroo and I were talking about doing some Mack builds in the month of April. We want to get some others in on it, so if anyone is interested get your kits ready and lets do it! I myself am going to pull a Mack AC double build. We can start a group thread or do them seperately. So, is anyone down?

Saw this late -- I'm in the middle of a Freightliner cabover. But -- I'll join in on the next "group build" whatever it is !

Thanks !