Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

So I got this last night, some modelling tools, a great Corsair kit, 2 boxes of Polly Scale paints, some weathering kits ..airbrush bottles .. and some other miscellaneous items .. it's kind of heartbreaking though. I got them from my brother-in-law who was diagnosed with MS 3-4 years ago and he can no longer model. the smells really bother him. But, he did want me to have this stuff. I guess I'll have to build him something really nice .. still, I'll never be able to pick this stuff up without thinking how lucky I am to be able to still build models ..

post-7221-0-22060900-1385748514_thumb.jp

Im sure he would enjoy looking at a model you built for him just as much as if he had built it himself. I would make it a goal to build him several a year to help lift his moral a little.

he used to be a BMW "Mastertech" but had to give it up.. maybe I'll build him a nice Beemer ...

Two copies of the new Revell '70 HEMI 'Cuda ($21.59 ea. @ Model Empire) and a Fred Caddy '70 'Cuda decal set(#286) with various engine displacements(340, 383, 440, & HEMI) "Hockey Stick" stripes(in black & white). Now, I have to find my AMT Duster(for the 340), pirate a 440 from one of my Charger kits, and get a Ross Gibson resin 383...and another 2 'Cuda kits later. :rolleyes: Scale Finishes will be getting an order soon too probably. :D

Edited by The70judgeman

post-11084-0-77163900-1385774740_thumb.jpost-11084-0-62759500-1385774745_thumb.j

most of this has been from the past week or so. the charger and f-100 kits were 50+% off at ac moore (my father said of the f-100 , to "light a match to it") The charger kit is pretty neat. I also got to visit hobby bunker in Malden MA today , and picked up some much needed supplies and a couple magazines. Then i stopped in at the office to find 2 books i ordered had shown up! oh , i almost forgot about the parts pack engines!

Edited by freshawk

Got these gems from Ebay.........

11127138205_2d31950e33_c.jpg
$_57 by jrherald420, on Flickr
11127138815_d17d3095c0_c.jpg
The 57 Chevy's auction said that it only had the engine partly assembled and that was it, all parts were on the trees still..........welllllllllllllll the front and rear windows are broken, the engine, chassis, dash and seats have all been glued together and then ripped apart breaking half of the parts. The glue used to put the fog and headlights in ate the chrome off the bumpers. Only half the chrome parts are left on the trees, the rest had been ripped off and were floating around the box. Someone started to cut a hole in the stock hood.......just like the the spare hood that comes in the kit for the blower to stick through...............its now just a parts car. Only paid 26.00+ shipping for it and seller refunded 16.00 back so i got it for 10 bucks.
The Lamborghini Jota showed up with all the parts on the trees and still bagged..........just the windshield posts are snapped in half and the roof is bent. Glad i only paid 1.00 for it! lol
What a bummer day on Ebay, I did get lucky and find another 57 Chevy kit that was just listed for 39.99 OBO, i offered 30.00 for it and they took it! This one is still sealed, hope i have better luck with it than this one......

73 is sweet,i really like the look of the Sport Coupe.

Yes, those old Chevys are cool but are getting pricy! You did well at $101. I see them going for more for glue bombs on occasion. I have two of them, both with glue messes on the doors where the kid who owned them tried to glue on the big trailer mirrors. Whata mess!

My collection of big Chevys is complete except I need a '72. I've been watching those for a while and they are going for more than the '73s!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...