Model Cars Magazine Forum

Clark Gas Station Project

Repstock

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have been wathing this build foe quite awhile now and i am floored buy your attention to detail and your great talent for desighning and the making the things you need to do the build. when you said you damaged it a little in your small work room i felt so bad for you because i have the same problem where i do my work. if i turn to fast i can bang my head on somthing. its getting to the point that i look more like a hoarder than a model guy. but man do i love this station and i will watch it untill it is done.but at the same time i have my own little saying. ( THANK GOD ITS DONE. OR IS IT. ) :)

i have been wathing this build foe quite awhile now and i am floored buy your attention to detail and your great talent for desighning and the making the things you need to do the build. when you said you damaged it a little in your small work room i felt so bad for you because i have the same problem where i do my work. if i turn to fast i can bang my head on somthing. its getting to the point that i look more like a hoarder than a model guy. but man do i love this station and i will watch it untill it is done.but at the same time i have my own little saying. ( THANK GOD ITS DONE. OR IS IT. ) :)

As of late, I think it's equal parts the room getting smaller, and me getting larger!

In between other projects, I've been working on the station, but I don't want to post until a certain subassembly is done, and I can be sure it works!

Tom - I'm trying to be patient but its tough, knowing that you're update is going to be phenominal.

:huh: Is Corporate coming for a visit?

That back room is spotless! :lol:

I've had a lot of help on this from people who used to work for Clark (I never did), and a few have stressed to me how much time they spent mopping and cleaning. I did dirty the floor behing the furnace and water heater, and places a mop won't reach, it just doesn't show very well. I do have a two bay Texaco I'll get to someday that is going to be more "used" looking. I love weathering, and model structures that look used, but I've seen some that look more like they should be condemned rather than just used.

Tom, I haven't posted in a long while and I'm sure you have forgotten about it. But about the Hvac system. I was only kidding around. It is a work of art. I install these systems for a living. I just went back over your reply to what I had said. I apologize and sorry I offended you.

Tom, I haven't posted in a long while and I'm sure you have forgotten about it. But about the Hvac system. I was only kidding around. It is a work of art. I install these systems for a living. I just went back over your reply to what I had said. I apologize and sorry I offended you.

If I gave the impression I was offended, I'm the one who will apologize. I have very thick skin, and I don't get offended from message boards. On this thread, I don't think anyone has even TRIED to be offensive. I'm very protective of my family, but I'm not going to get bent out of shape over models. After I die (hopefully not BEFORE), all the models I've slaved over all these years will probably be purchased in a yard sale and destroyed by firecrackers.

If there's something that needs said, by all means say it. I think most of the misunderstandings come from the fact we're communicating in writing instead of in person.

In short, no offense taken, and I appreciate all of you taking time from your day to look at my stuff. Hopefully I'll have something to show soon.

This build truly leaves me......speechless!!! The attention to detail from the uniforms to the HVAC system, it is hard to look at this and wrap your brain around the fact it IS 1/25!!!!! One day when I get all my stuff unpacked, hopefully my builds will look half as good as this!!! THANK YOU for sharing!!!

• 2 months later...

It looks like my fluorescent light idea might work. I was afraid they wouldn't cast enough light. I used a piece of .100 styrene for the ceiling, and cut slots for clear acrylic square tube. I masked a thin section of the square tube, then painted it. The protruding square tube represents the fluorescent light base. Over this I will lay a clear acrylic rod for the "bulb". The light shines through the slot (as in the picture) and illuminates the bulb (not added yet). Above the ceiling I will have a sealed off compartment containg a roll of LEDs. My concern was that the slots were too thin to give enough light, but it actually worked out pretty well. As I add more I'll post more pics.

By the way, the front small lights will work, too, they're just blocked off from the light source in this setup.

I also have "fluorescent" lights in the office and restrooms.Clarklights.jpg

If this wasn't on a model forum I would swear that was the real thing!

Tom, your ability to accurately detail WHATEVER you work on is truly amazing! The work you have displayed is among the best I have ever seen and leaves me speechless and envious!

I remember the Clark stations in Northern Illinois where I grew up and looking at this is like going back 40 years for me! Like others, I am anxiously awaiting the next installment of this story!