Model Cars Magazine Forum

what kind of Pontiac?

Season 1, episode 3 of the Rockford Files. Looks like a Nova, but it has a Pontiac grill and badging on it. Dark green car during the chase through the golf course

This show was before my time, but I just started watching it. I figured if anyone knew, it would be you guys

One of these, perhaps?

1972PontiacVenturaIIT379-vi.jpg

76ventura.jpg

that helped a lot, I found it!

here: http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_269513-Pontiac-Ventura-1974.html

And Jimmy Flinstone makes a resin body. I was watching the show and it looked like a cool car

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-73-Pontiac-Ventura-Jimmy-Flintstone-1-24th-1-25th-scale-Resin-Body-/400789606732?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d50ec114c

Edited by Quick GMC

Chevrolet NOVA

Pontiac VENTURA

Buick APOLLO

Oldsmobile OMEGA

All based on the fore mentioned NOVA, GM also did this in the 80's with the celbearty,olds' ciera,buick centruy and pontiac 6000. Not to mention that it was also used in their full sized wagons as well, Caprice/Impala,Pontiac Catalina Grand safari,Oldsmobile and buick . And in the 90's full sized wagons from Chevy,Olds and buick. any of which could have any engine under the hood be it a chevy ect. Buick mostly used their own engines where as olds & pontiac would use chevy engines as well as their own.

If you update the JF resin kit a little to 1974, get a T/A Shaker, and find the decals you can make a GTO. A Pontiac engine in scale(don't worry about displacement) with a 4bbl intake would complete the effect. It's just not what people think of when you mention "GTO." They're really just a "sticker" car option on the Ventura with a Shaker scoop.

post-9116-0-90465700-1426461198_thumb.jp

post-9116-0-19369700-1426469988.jpg

Edited by The70judgeman

If you update the JF resin kit a little to 1974, get a T/A Shaker, and find the decals you can make a GTO. A Pontiac engine in scale(don't worry about displacement) with a 4bbl intake would complete the effect. It's just not what people think of when you mention "GTO." They're really just a "sticker" car option on the Ventura with a Shaker scoop.

That would be SWEET...!

Looks to me it would be easy to change the 76 ventura into a 74. If I rembember mpc did a 75 ventura kit as well with the "shaker option" and GTO decal's , But they are rare to find on the market. I know that they made 75-77 ventura models and the 72/73

Looks to me it would be easy to change the 76 ventura into a 74. If I rembember mpc did a 75 ventura kit as well with the "shaker option" and GTO decal's , But they are rare to find on the market. I know that they made 75-77 ventura models and the 72/73

To do a 73 or 74, you'd need to start with the AMT kit, or more likely, the Flintstone repop. The 73-74 X-bodies were facelifts of that body style. You'd need to change the quarter Windows, bumpers, nose, and taillights, but that's the closest starting point that exists, as far as I know. There was never any 1/25 plastic kit of any of the 73-74 X-bodies, unfortunately. Don't think I've even seen anything in resin.

The 75+ X-bodies got totally new sheetmetal, even if the Pontiacs might look similar at first glance...

Nova Omega Ventura Apollo. All 4 GMs spell Nova; Chevy, Olds, Pontiac and Buick. Same basic car.

The AMT 1971/1972 Ventura kit used most of the Nova parts. I have to think Round2 has the inserts?

Olds got their legal a$$ kicked when somebody sued GM over putting a Chevy engine in an Olds.

I think the Olds and Buick versions are a result of the energy crisis of 1973. Then they could put a Chevy 6 under the hood.

Maybe you saw an Omega or Apollo on Rockford files?