Model Cars Magazine Forum

ICM 1911 Model T Touring

bbowser

I ordered this from eBay, showed up in the mail today. I haven't seen a review so I thought I'd post up some pictures. It took two weeks to get here from the Ukraine!

Sturdy box, clear, chrome, and tire trees bagged separately. Not much wording in the instructions, decent parts count, very clean molds with no flash, faint parting lines. I can hardly wait to get on this one.

DSCN0455_zpsxdrulqv3.jpg

DSCN0456_zpsiphpiwq9.jpg

DSCN0457_zpsau2eluyg.jpg

DSCN0458_zpsaeqlxeju.jpg

DSCN0459_zps7dpdrcmz.jpg

DSCN0460_zpsya79all4.jpg

DSCN0461_zpsxzrumxpd.jpg

DSCN0462_zpsl9svpp3o.jpg

DSCN0464_zps4bstzc7z.jpg

It looks like there is a separate tree for brass parts. Looks to contain the grill, windshield frame, support rods, lanterns, etc.
This looks like a great kit! So a kit of an antique car, with (I assume) a modern day price tag?

Yes, came from the Ukraine, took 2 weeks. Got it for $39, free shipping. The "chrome" tree has a slight brass tint, I need to go back and look at some of Harry's WIPs to decide how to treat the pieces (if at all).

Yes, came from the Ukraine, took 2 weeks. Got it for $39, free shipping. The "chrome" tree has a slight brass tint, I need to go back and look at some of Harry's WIPs to decide how to treat the pieces (if at all).

I darkened the brass radiator on my '13 Roadster with Tamiya X-26 Clear Yellow. Worked fine.

If you check my thread in the "On The Workbench" forum here on MCM http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=98224 that is my build of the ICM '13 Model T (same kit as your Touring, only the body will be different. While I have done a ton of added detailing on mine, I also have noted some pitfalls to be careful about.

Feel free to PM me at any time should you run into any problems.

Art

Very good price.

I want one of these and the Opel.

Charlie Larkin

I have little to no interest in this kit. But, another great review. I especially like see the photos of everything that comes in box, and including the box. All of this helps a lot in making decisions on buying a kit or not. Most of the time a review like this would get me hot on buying the kit. But, the subject doesn't interest me that much. I prefer the later/late Ts better. Still a great review on a nice looking kit.

Scott

I cannot wait to get my hands on a couple of these. I will build one as a 1911 and the other will be modified to duplicate my own 1:1 1913. HOORAY for more Model T's.

Frankly, I am going to hold off until such time as I can get one of these from a US vendor--not willing to have my card number floating around far Eastern Europe in this day and age. BUT, I still do want one!

Art

You could order through a hobby shop. They in turn will order from Squadron, the importer for these. I use Panther Hobbies in the Milwaukee area. They are mostly military/armor/flying wingy things seller.

Edited by lordairgtar

Frankly, I am going to hold off until such time as I can get one of these from a US vendor--not willing to have my card number floating around far Eastern Europe in this day and age. BUT, I still do want one!

Art

The SELLER is in the Ukraine. eBay and PayPal are still firmly cemented to California. Your credit card number isn't going flying all over anywhere...

You could order through a hobby shop. They in turn will order from Squadron, the importer for these. I use Panther Hobbies in the Milwaukee area. They are mostly military/armor/flying wingy things seller.

Squadron has yet to show the Touring Car in stock.

Art

The SELLER is in the Ukraine. eBay and PayPal are still firmly cemented to California. Your credit card number isn't going flying all over anywhere...

I was going to say that. I stopped selling on eBay a few years ago, but when I did receive a payment via PayPal, I, as the seller, did not receive any credit card info from the buyer.

• 1 month later...

I got the '11 Touring Car about 2 weeks ago, from Squadron, along with the figure set. It's as nicely molded as the '13 Runabout (perhaps I can build it up avoiding all the pitfalls and aggravation I went through with the '13? (We shall see if I am still capable of learning by experience, huh?

The figure set is simply exquisitely done. While I don't recognize the man with the homberg hat and double-breasted suit, nor the workman, the figure of Henry Ford is INSTANTLY recognizable as the man himself! The figures are multi-piece, which will make repositioning arms, legs, etc. pretty easy to do. Now all I have to do is take a crash course in figure painting!

Art

I was at one of the larger hobby shops in southern ontario yesterday and I was looking at the '13 Runabout kit. I woukd like to get one and I like supporting the local stores but the '13 kit was priced at $65.99 cdn. Not a chance of me paying that much for it when I can order it from ebay for $26.99 plus ten bucks shipping. I asked about the touring and was told it would be at the same price point. The guy behind the counter told me they thought it (the '13) would be a good seller but could not understand why they still had it in stock. I did not even bother to argue with him about it being twice as much as you could buy one online shipped for.

Same kind of deal with the 71 Ford truck from Moebius. I was all set to buy one but they were $43.99. I had a look around the store and that was at least $10 more than any of the other Moebius car kits they had in stock. $15 more than several of them. I am not sure if they figure they can gouge people because it is a long-awaited new release or what but that one stayed there and it did not come home with me.

That was 2 sales that they lost out on because their prices were too high. Three if you count the fact that I will not get a touring there even if they get one into stock.