Model Cars Magazine Forum

1975 Darrell Waltrip Chevelle

MarkJ

MarkJ,

A beautiful build of a not-often-seen subject! Your additional detailing, paint and decal work are outstanding! Can you give a short explanation as to how you "tucked-in" that rear bumper? Was it just a matter of trimming away some of the plastic at the very rear of the rear fenders?

Oh... some engine bay and chassis photos would be great to see as well!

MarkJ,

A beautiful build of a not-often-seen subject! Your additional detailing, paint and decal work are outstanding! Can you give a short explanation as to how you "tucked-in" that rear bumper? Was it just a matter of trimming away some of the plastic at the very rear of the rear fenders?

Oh... some engine bay and chassis photos would be great to see as well!

I glued the hood shut because I had no ref pics of the real engine. If you go to my photobucket you can see some in progress shots. The model comes as a 74 and I had to change it to a 1975

• 2 weeks later...

Woo Hoo great to see these 3rd Generation Chevelles being built! Excellent job on the paint and decals. Very nice work otherwise, too. Excellent work.

Thanks Niko, I had to do a lot of body mods to get it right. The one in the box is a 74 Chevelle. I had to change the wheel openings and the rear quarter and rear end panels to make it look like a 75 which is the one he drove to his first cup win at Nashville.