Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Chrysler 300 Photos

• 1 month later...

Just a quick note,

Our current schedule for this kit has first test shots being available around November 15. If everything stays on schedule we should have kits shipping from the factory around the end of January 2011...that would put kits in stores around the end of February or early March...

I won't promise that the schedule won't slip somewhere between now and then, but I'm pretty confident that we'll have C300 kits on shelves in early 2011.

Dave

Edited by Dave Metzner

• 11 months later...

I say hats off to Moebious and Dave Metzner for showing their products at this stage of development. It probably takes courage to face the resulting frenzy but they seem to be not too proud to take action based on the potential customer's critique. Pity Revell and AMT don't do the same.

Still working on one particularly stuborn body shape issue - We've had a second test shot for about 3 weeks - sent corrections to the factory they've sent back 3-D files of the body which do not resolve that issue.

Sending more information to them now in hopes of fixing this last problem... IF they get it right I may have a third test shot within the next 3-4 weeks - If that's right then we may have kits shipping by end of the year.

The major re-work of the Hudson which delayed it by several months also affected schedule for the C-300.

My best estimate for kits on store shelves is Mid-late January 2012 if we get the shape issue we have resolved quickly.

Sorry it's taking so long -

Dave

Still working on one particularly stuborn body shape issue - We've had a second test shot for about 3 weeks - sent corrections to the factory they've sent back 3-D files of the body which do not resolve that issue.

Sending more information to them now in hopes of fixing this last problem... IF they get it right I may have a third test shot within the next 3-4 weeks - If that's right then we may have kits shipping by end of the year.

The major re-work of the Hudson which delayed it by several months also affected schedule for the C-300.

My best estimate for kits on store shelves is Mid-late January 2012 if we get the shape issue we have resolved quickly.

Dave

Better to take the time to get it right than to rush a sub-par product onto the market.

You guys are doing it the right way. B)

I think your efforts on both the Hudson and the Chrysler will be rewarded.

Ya know , I'm really offended here ! You Armchair engineers who have egos the size of Mt Shasta should be ashamed of yerselves . These kits have yet to go to market and you're on then like stink on Poop. No wonder the Model companies only want to do re=pops of 32 Fords !!!!!! Thats all..... Ed Shaver ;)

I just looked out the window at Mt. Shasta, & I don't think it's quite that tall. :D

Who else is thinking...

"rama5-vi.jpg"?

That's been my thought since I first heard of this kit.

Did you not read post # 54 in this same thread?

I believe that like I did the first time you read the post in question (#54) & your brain substituted 2012 for 2011, I did the same until I went back & reviewed it. Easy to do since we are almost a year later than the original posts.

Dave

Good to hear, please post teaser pics, when the issue is resolved.

Thx.

Luc

I did and it says they'll be out early 2011. Here it is September 2011. I think he asked a fair question considering.

Yep, you're right. My bad. As suggested, my read went right straight to '2012' instead of seeing '2011.' Sorry, jjsipes.

I still can't believe we made it through the 1999-2000 milenium New Year's ... I'm still having trouble believing we're all the way 3/4 through 2011. Guess I've got to get my internal calendar recalibrated.

Even so, Dave Metzner, I'd rather see the Chrysler late and right than soon and compromised. Thanks for all you guys have been doing! Awesome kits.

Me too! MUCH more. These kits, being so good are simply the result of FOR ONCE, MODELERS!! Not just guys who build for the box art, but REAL guys who build for the sheer ENJOYMENT of it! These guys are a God send to Mobeus, an it sure would hurt Revell AND Amt/ERTL ta copy some of their ideas! Hopefully this IS a sign of good thinks to come from them!!!!!( NEVER hurts to listen to the guys who BUY and build their products!) :D:);)