Model Cars Magazine Forum

REVELL FORD SVT RAPTOR

Austin T

When I was young the automotive posters on my walls were Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Corvettes, monster trucks, etc. Kids go for the high-end, big visual impact, sporty stuff. The Raptor is Ford's SVT pickup. Makes sense to me.

There's one often parked out front when I leave work each night. Black. Cool looking truck.

I believe the Raptor is going to do well, but with the 2015 Ford F-150's coming out, I'm not sure why they bothered.....Don't get me wrong, the Raptor is a cool truck, and I'm sure to get a few....I'm a Ford guy, as well, and, as you can see, I live in Texas.....Lots of Raptors down here....I went to the car show earlier this year and the 2015 looks TOTALLY different.....For the better, by the way......Those things are gonna sell like crazy.....They're awesome.....That's one I'd like to see modeled.....

Edited by kilrathy10

I believe the Raptor is going to do well, but with the 2015 Ford F-150's coming out, I'm not sure why they bothered.....Don't get me wrong, the Raptor is a cool truck, and I'm sure to get a few....I'm a Ford guy, as well, and, as you can see, I live in Texas.....Lots of Raptors down here....I went to the car show earlier this year and the 2015 looks TOTALLY different.....For the better, by the way......Those things are gonna sell like crazy.....They're awesome.....That's one I'd like to see modeled.....

Now that some of the manufacturing companies are starting to wake up, it could very well happen. And possibly before the next redesign.

Charlie Larkin

I did see one Raptor this week, out of the thousand's of pickups that I saw on the road. It was from out of state. They just aren't that common up here. I do wish the kit well and will get one, but I still question the market and the lack options to build them. i am thankful we are getting new pickups and hope this is a beginning to some other newer offerings.

There's a Raptor in the town bordering mine, I pass it almost daily, glad to see it kitted, though would've preferred full detail glue kit, love chassis and drive train detail, plus it opens the possibilities to jack it up even more for serious off-roading or slam it on its belly.

To me that's the fun factor of a model kit, getting a box with lots of possible building options, other then just choosing the color you gonna paint it with.

Too bad no one is doing the current Dodge Ram, they're realy everywhere here in my neck of the woods....wait I'm gonne post that one on the Revell Germany "wish list"

Just my 2 cents....

The Raptor certainly isn't as common as a Toyota Tundra or Ford F-150, but that is the case with most kits that get produced. How many Ferrari kits do we have? How often do you see a Ferrari on the street?

Hopefully the Meng F350, Revell Raptor and Moebius F150 will sell well enough to convince those in charge that trucks are a market that they want a piece of.

Edited by Aaronw

Ed Sexton was checking out the Meng kit today. He seemed impressed. We can only hope, Revell rebrands it and sells it cheaper!

The Raptor looks great in person! The back slider frame is molded with the body tho, and not the glass. The tires are BEAUTIFUL!

10308189_10202808587108566_7333722822312

Meng F350 cab lol.

10168162_10202808383343472_7867534911982

So 3rd quarter is an October-ish time line to see these on the shelf?

3Q - at least the way Revell is running it - is Jul/Aug/Sept. I'd buy that, as the test shot is actually in colored plastic and being a Snap-Tite isn't nearly as complex as say the '67 Camaro SS.

• 8 months later...