Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

Here's mine today, not so neat. I'm still in Winter mode working from the kitchen table. Put some decals on the '57 last night around midnight then cleared over it today. I started another '57 Snap Kit just to practice BMF on. I painted it a second time today, used a whole bottle of 1/4 oz. Testors on this one, something I normally don't do. Happy Saturday!DSC04940_zps96a15501.jpg

Edited by rmvw guy

I'm diggin' the tow truck Nick. Which kit did you start with? The boom is really cool and your paint looks really neat too.

Revell Hot Rod Pickup and Snap Wrecker, Didn't like very much of either kit, it's about 60% kit bashed, 40% scratchbuilt (Axles, springs, exhuast, and the whole bed & Wrecker unit. Still a few dozen things to do.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with Mr Kendall- I made the mistake of ordering 10 yards of mulch and have spent the last two days weeding gardens, pruning bushes and trees. I've got two garden areas completed with mulch and they look super! Sad part is that I'm probably 25% done and I haven't even put a dent in that huge mulch pile in my driveway!

And I didn't mention that every bone in my 54 year old body aches!

Edited by Tom Geiger

you guys have some good lookin projects going on! nice work fellas!

i should be back at it soon, ive been away from the bench for about 5 months, and i am in the middle of moving, unfortunately my new place is smaller so i have to build a new.....altho smaller workbench, the behemoth desk i was using will not fit in my new space! bummer....... im gonna get a piece of countertop and build a new work space,with some shelving above it.....i can hardly wait, i really miss the bench!

stay tuned gentlemen, ill be back soon!

cheers

Bryan M

Hi guys well just added a new to me all steel work bench have a look.I have to add if any of you are looking for something simular ask your local store what they have done with there old cash till stations.You might get a great bargain on some great work benches.

post-7330-0-24454900-1368406445_thumb.jp

Didn't see anything come up today, and I didn't have a chance to do this until a little after midnight, but here's what I've spent most of the week poking at.

The Moebius '55 Chrysler 300 is fantastic. I've only had a couple of little hiccups with this kit, but it's been a sheer joy to build.

The engine is really a model in and of itself.

DSCF1067_zpsa4bb864e.jpg

The wheels are blackwashed very lightly.

DSCF1066_zpse2419e95.jpg

One of the easiest-to-assemble frames I've ever dealt with.

DSCF1062_zps21bf1337.jpg

Charlie Larkin

Some dry-fitting of the chassis.

DSCF1068_zpse34df273.jpg

DSCF1069_zps8ad3e3a0.jpg

I got an assembly sequence out of order, so it might require a little jiggery-poke to get the the exhaust pipes in, but this is still going to work well and have a great looking assembly when it's all done. I plan on installing the driveshaft and finalizing most of the other assemblies this afternoon.

Charlie Larkin