Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT '53 Ford Pickup 3'n1

• 3 weeks later...

It's actually a Desoto Firedome Hemi V8. Similar in design to a Chrysler Firepower first gen Hemi, but essentially shares no parts with the Chrysler in 1/1 scale....TIM

So I didn't RC. I know one Street Rod series kit had the Chrysler FirePower, one had the DeSoto Firedome, and one had the Dodge RedRam, but I forgot which had which.

OK, now I know the '53 Ford has the DeSoto.

So I didn't RC. I know one Street Rod series kit had the Chrysler FirePower, one had the DeSoto Firedome, and one had the Dodge RedRam, but I forgot which had which.

OK, now I know the '53 Ford has the DeSoto.

'29 Model A roadster has the RedRam iIRC...don't know which kit had the FB.

'29 Model A roadster has the RedRam iIRC...don't know which kit had the FB.

Yes. the '29 A Roadster (and the Ala Kart/'29A Double Kit that preceded it) has the Dodge Red Ram.

The original AMT '32 Ford Roadster kit had/has the Chrysler Firepower Hemi (along with the Double Dragster kit that came along shortly thereafter)....of course may other kits have Chrysler Hemis as well....

Desoto Firedomes can also be found in the Monogram Lil' Coffin and the original MPC Carl Casper Phone Booth T (and the Monster Machine kit derived from it, although it lost the valve cover lettering in that transition).

TB

Edited by tim boyd