Model Cars Magazine Forum

NNL West

Gregg

Jim Keeler is coming in from Salt Lake City for the NNL West on February 26, 2011 in Santa Clara, California.

And, hold on to your hats everyone, Jairus Watson is coming in as another one of our special guests from Oregon!

Mike Siegman will be there, and our lovable California editor, Darryl Gassaway will be bringing in a guest from Europe.

So, grab your coats, pack up your models, and head on down to the San Fran area for the biggest and one of the best shows on the west coast on February 26, 2011!

Who knows who else may show up!!!!

Jim Keeler, is well, Jim.

He was instrumental in many of the early Aurora and Revell kits, he will be glad to tell you all about them.

Jairus Watson is, well, Jairus :-)

One of the best automotive illustrators in the country (yes, Harry is too, but I've known Jairus longer :-))

Mike Siegman was one of the S's in S&S Specialties, one of the early photoetched companies that led the way in our hobby.

Big D, Darryl, is our west coast editor/photographer, and Mr. Lower Left Coast

Gregg is well, oh, never mind. He's nobody....

Does this mean we will be graced with your appearance?

I hope.

I have my surgery consult on Monday at UCSF

Have to see if there will be any pre-tests they want to do, but so far, yes.

And yes, my friends, Kelly will be with me.

I need someone to push the wheelchair, right?

Just kiddin' on the chair guys.

Not yet, at least....

Danno, hop in your brand new Bentley and drive over..... geez.........

And watch your language. Don't make me have Harry hammer you!

:-)

Okay, I pau

where did I put that.........

Gregg, just a reminder. Pack your camera in your carryon bag. Remember what happened last time!

Glad to hear about so many people coming. I believe I'm working in the ticket booth for the 9:30 shift. You can drop by and say "hello". I'll have some models brought down as well.

I hope.

I have my surgery consult on Monday at UCSF

Have to see if there will be any pre-tests they want to do, but so far, yes.

And yes, my friends, Kelly will be with me.

I need someone to push the wheelchair, right?

Just kiddin' on the chair guys.

Not yet, at least....

Danno, hop in your brand new Bentley and drive over..... geez.........

And watch your language. Don't make me have Harry hammer you!

:-)

Okay, I pau

where did I put that.........

You have a Harry Hammer?

:oB)ph34r.gif

Edited by Danno

• 2 weeks later...

I only had 2 1/2 hours to do the whole show and swap meet cuz we had to get my youngest back to Sacramento for his last basketball game of the season. Hit the swap meet first. We snatched up several kits (several kits too many according to the misses, not nearly enough according to me and the boys :lol: ) at really good prices. Then I looked at my watch and realized we had only 30 minutes (yikes!) to look at the show cars!! I was able to sprint through the show and took a few shots. Next year I'll plan a little better and spend the entire day, along with enter some cars of my own! Had a great time either way!

Here's what few pics I could shoot:

http://public.fotki.com/gpugh1976/contests-and-shows/

Dan the limo was waiting for you, I guess you missed it. (It was 1/24 scale though.....)

It was a great show (I think, don't remember it already...)

Was great seeing everyone again, it's been way too long.

Keller showed up, 8 hours later, (Thanks, AMTRAK!)

Jairus Watson and Mike Siegman made the trip, and Kelly got dragged into the web of us plastic fanatics.

Darryl Gassaway was there, of course, and he brought his Friend Hans from Sweeden to the show.

It was a great show, I wish we got there earlier, and snags some kits.

I was amazed as usual with all the fantastic builds

You guys build some unreal models

And there were some great young youth builders there too

So, here's the link to the pics, I am uploading them now as I type this, so you may get incomplete files for a while:

NNL West Photos

Thanks to you all for sharing the pics. This was my first time to the NNL West and it was bigger than anything I have been to yet. I enjoyed it a lot, but it goes by so fast! I'd definitely make the trek from SoCal again.

-Art

Edited by Art Laski

Thanks to you all for sharing the pics. This was my first time to the NNL West and it was bigger than anything I have been to you yet. I enjoyed it a lot, but it goes by so fast! I'd definitely make the trek from SoCal again.

-Art

Art

I enjoyed meeting you on Saturday, now we have a face with a name...:lol:

glad you enjoyed the show

I also had a great time ......hanging around friends and fellow modelers........AWESOME models, AWESOME people.........nice to meet new friends.......thank you for a GREAT show and who shared all the Great photo`s.

Thanks to all who shared photos, looks like fun!

John, your T-bird blows me away! WOW :)

Is that Alclad you used for the finish?

I got in Sunday morning and followed my driver (Dad) from the airport directly to a gun show. While the gun stuff was interesting and I managed to pick up a few well priced back issues of "Ol'skool Rodz" (SCORE), I couldn't resist noting a few parallels between the two shows. Lots of cool stuff on the swapmeet tables, haggling for the best price, isles of guys (few girls) carrying prizes looking for more, the median age about 56 years old!

We are getting old guys! Dang!

Regardless the NNL West was fantastic and about the biggest NNL I have ever been to. Great to match faces with names on this forum and you guys CAN REALLY BUILD! I picked out 20 some cars on the table that would definitely take best of show at GSL 25 years ago! No sweat. John Teresi you gotta send something to Salt Lake! I mean... REALLY!

And the bar just keeps raising...

Looking forward to next year. :lol:

Edited by Jairus