Model Cars Magazine Forum

DESERT SCALE CLASSIC 10 ~ April 12, 2014

Danno

DonohueMustang_zps5dd03b9a.jpg

TeardropCampsiteSM_zpse9747482.jpg

The meeting hall was packed with builds, vendors, spectators, buyers and onlookers. The back room even had to be opened up for a few more vendors. Cactus Car Modelers really put on a show.

Hall_zps79733092.jpg

Thanks to all in attendance and for hosting. A great time.

Great times! I brought along a couple fellows who've never been to a model contest.. Yeah, they were blown away.. Guess what they want to do now.. BUILD MODELS! heh, sunk da hook!

Only bought two kits.. But I did find a >one-pound bag of Fuzzi-Fur<.. Lifetime supply of brown carpeting. :blink:

Best of all is to see all the guys I've lost contact with over this past decade. Thank you all for coming up and saying howdy.

Now that was a show!

Danno and the boys really took it to another level yesterday. The display of talent was mind boggling as was the number of entries. It was really good to meet everyone and to be able to put faces to names.

I'm just happy you guys didn't toss me out.

G

The meeting hall was packed with builds, vendors, spectators, buyers and onlookers. The back room even had to be opened up for a few more vendors. Cactus Car Modelers really put on a show.

Hall_zps79733092.jpg

Thanks to all in attendance and for hosting. A great time.

Wow! What an awesome day!

The real thanks go to Bernie Kankiewicz and all the members of the Cactus Car Modelers and their wives who make this event happen, to many of the Moonlight Modelers Club members who volunteer their time to help out, to the great crew of judges who have to sift through hundreds of winning models to select the award-winners, to the generous sponsors who provide the capital to make it happen, and to the vendors, spectators, and fantastic builders who come to the event, enter their exquisite models and share their time, experience, knowledge, humor and friendship.

It's my great honor and privilege to hang out there and be a part of the event. It's always great to see old friends, new friends, young friends, friends only seen once a year, and meet new friends-candidates! DSC has become a great canvass for a living work of modeling art, and I'm proud and fortunate to be a small part of it all. God, it was a great day!

My only regret is the day is so fast-paced that I seldom get a chance to really visit ~ quality time ~ with anyone as much as I'd like. Even the barbeque afterward flashes past so quickly . . .

I hope everyone had a good a time as I did!

PS: This pic was taken even before all the entries hit the tables! The 'Deer-in-the-Headlights' look provided for this photo courtesy my good friend, the G-ster! LOL.

First time attendee to the show and it was well worth the trip! Had a great time and did pretty good in the vendors area, both selling and buying!

But it was really great to meet the good folks that put on this show and some fellow board members who I have never met in person. And the BBQ afterwards was a great time

to bench race, especially when you have a dragster fire up for it! Thank you all for the warm welcome, and I don't mean the 90 plus weather!

If my schedule is clear for the next one, I might just show up again!

Had a great time yesterday, just an incredible show of talent!! I didn't win anything, except in the raffles, but with the quality of work on the tables I didn't deserve to win!! Time to step up my quality! As always the contest was well run and very well judged. Great job by the Cactus Car Modelers.

I was impressed, a second room needed for vendors. Got a good deal on a kit I was looking for, and there were some mighty good models on the contest tables. Had to take a good long look at the factory stock yellow '69 Camaro. And in just the 10:50-ish-to-noon time that I had before my weekly 'parental care obligation' required me to leave, I got to at least say 'hi' to Dale Mickley and Tim Pentecost. One of these years I'll have time enough to spend the whole day there.....

Had a lot of fun. Wish I could have hung out at the show longer, but the friend I took needed to get going. I didn't get to see a lot of the models since they showed up after we left.

The bbq was fun. Yes, I tend to sit by myself a lot. :rolleyes:

Glad to have been able to make it, and hope to get to know more of you at the meetings. But you won't be seeing any of my models for quite some time, compared to you guys I truly suck, and I am not being modest. :( The junior entrants at the contest were light years ahead of my skills.

Russ

Had a lot of fun. Wish I could have hung out at the show longer, but the friend I took needed to get going. I didn't get to see a lot of the models since they showed up after we left.

The bbq was fun. Yes, I tend to sit by myself a lot. :rolleyes:

Glad to have been able to make it, and hope to get to know more of you at the meetings. But you won't be seeing any of my models for quite some time, compared to you guys I truly suck, and I am not being modest. :( The junior entrants at the contest were light years ahead of my skills.

Russ

It's also a fellowship opportunity. A "run what you burng" kinda thing, so bring them on out! So even if you do not bring anything to enter into competition, you can still share your in progress builds, or chat with others and nab some tips or suggestions. I learn something new all the time. I forget a lot too tho... :wacko:

Edited by Modelbuilder Mark

Great Show! Lots of models and good deals on the vendor side. Nice Trohpies as always (which I got 2 of this year! Thanks!) and of course great people. Its always nice to met and talk with people you see on the forums.

cant wait for next year!