Model Cars Magazine Forum

I-Hobby Expo '08

SteveG

.... for those who attended Thursday they may missed a few item's that I brought in very early on Friday including the 1/8th scale Competition Coupe Dragster. James Tester and I also each built a '61 Lindberg Impala for display, I did the Hardtop and James did the Convertible. James also built a '64 Belvedere for display as well. Thanks again James !!!

Picture020-vi.jpg

Picture048-vi.jpg

The L700 with Flat bed trailer and crushed car load is still coming. Apparently tooling up those crushed cars is harder then expected but it will get done. Tim Alhborn's L700 Skelly Tanker was on display along with my L700 Yellow and Chrome Tanker version.

Picture037-vi.jpg

If your a Police Car fan like me I'm sure your happy to here about the New Charger Police car kits based on the Super Bee kit. You may have missed the 6 all new light bars. Besides the current Code 3 MX 7000 and Vector V-bar, Lindberg added the Code 3 360 and Javelin, Federal Signal Arjent, Tomar Blade, Whelen Edge Ultra and Patriot LED bars. All 8 will be included in the undecorated kit !!!!

Picture028-vi.jpg

Picture031-vi.jpg

There's a lot more photos at my Fotki Album but some of my photos are blurry especially in the Revell booth for some reason. I was hoping for more from them but still a great show this year.

-Steve

I-Hobby Expo 2008 photos

Thanks for sharing! I'm a happy camper for those Charger police cars, and glad my original source gave me Testors diecast info. as reference rather than the Lindberg information making it sound to me like they were based on the diecast tooling. Glad the long-delayed glue police car didn't really get cancelled, just shelved for awhile and under the Lindberg banner. While I don't expect it, it would be nice if they tooled both the wheel styles used on the police cars, the black steelies and the silver wheelcovers. Seems the "local" GA, SC, and NC state patrol cars all run the silver wheelcovers.

Revell didn't show their '09 Challenger? Considering it was due in August, then moved to late January, seems they would have had a test shot there.

Thanks for sharing! I'm a happy camper for those Charger police cars, and glad my original source gave me Testors diecast info. as reference rather than the Lindberg information making it sound to me like they were based on the diecast tooling. Glad the long-delayed glue police car didn't really get cancelled, just shelved for awhile and under the Lindberg banner. While I don't expect it, it would be nice if they tooled both the wheel styles used on the police cars, the black steelies and the silver wheelcovers. Seems the "local" GA, SC, and NC state patrol cars all run the silver wheelcovers.

I'm still waiting to get my hands on a promised test shot of the Lindberg Charger Police Car, I'll be able to have an answer on the wheels soon as I get it.

To add to the confusion, all the Testors Diecast Chargers and the Testors and Lindberg Charger plastic kits are all based off the same CAD designs.

A few parts will even interchange like the D.C. police car grille fits the Super Bee kit perfectly. If you check the chassis between the D.C. and any of the plastic kits you see what I mean.

-Steve

Thanks for sharing the pics Steve. I was fortunate enough to build one of the Weird-Oh's monster trucks for Ernie. Hands-down the best thing I've seen out of an American kit manufacturer in some time. With all the parts for the roll cage, it went together extremely well and the fit on everything was fantastic. The only real complaint I had was with the decals. I'm really geeked about the 1/64 slot car sets for some reason. LOL

Edited by Mike

;) Guys, are all those cop cars 1/24th? I have2 Lindburg Ford cop cars but those are 1/25th. It seems the size difference would be TOO noticable in a jellybean shaped car like the Charger. Not that the Ford isn't, but I think the scale difference would be very noticable.But I am a 24th scale bigot.It may be cool in other country's, but I was raised on 25thscale, and it's my favorite, except in aircraft, cause all I can find is 24th scale. :P

:D Guys, are all those cop cars 1/24th? I have2 Lindburg Ford cop cars but those are 1/25th. It seems the size difference would be TOO noticable in a jellybean shaped car like the Charger. Not that the Ford isn't, but I think the scale difference would be very noticable.But I am a 24th scale bigot.It may be cool in other country's, but I was raised on 25thscale, and it's my favorite, except in aircraft, cause all I can find is 24th scale. :D

I'm a scale bigot myself, prefering 1/25th over everything else. Lindberg swears the Charger is 1/24th but it's smaller then the Crown Vic and bigger then Revell's Impala which looks about right to me. So if the Charger isn't 1/25th scale, the difference isn't noticeable enough to be out of place in my opinion.

Picture103-vi.jpg

-Steve

I just noticed the Lindberg "Graveyard Series" A-100 and '34 Ford ... what a cool idea! Are those going to come with the diorama bases and everything?

The Graveyard series kits come with a printed back drop and instructional DVD video with tips and techniques. I agree, they're a very cool idea.

Picture045-vi.jpg

Rich Melillo did these, if you have any qestions you can contact him on his website. Richard Melillo's The Modelers Art

-Steve

The Graveyard series kits come with a printed back drop and instructional DVD video with tips and techniques. I agree, they're a very cool idea.

Picture045-vi.jpg

Rich Melillo did these, if you have any qestions you can contact him on his website. Richard Melillo's The Modelers Art

-Steve

So these kits actually include instructions for weathering the model to be a left in a field truck?

If so what a neat idea.

I'm a scale bigot myself, prefering 1/25th over everything else. Lindberg swears the Charger is 1/24th but it's smaller then the Crown Vic and bigger then Revell's Impala which looks about right to me. So if the Charger isn't 1/25th scale, the difference isn't noticeable enough to be out of place in my opinion.

Picture103-vi.jpg

-Steve

Steve the 1/1 Charger is slightly smaller than the Crown Vic and bigger than the Impala so this might be dead on for size...

WOW Steve, thanks SO much for the comparo shots! Looks like I will be gettin a few of those new Lindburg kits. The size comparison doesn't look any different to me,and they'll look good as cop cars, caz ALOT of PD's around here are usin em as UNMARKED cars!Thanks again for the pics! :D

The Charger is definitely 1/24, if you put a completed one next to a completed Crown Vic, even though the CV is slightly longer, it's overall volume is noticeably smaller than the Charger; my eyes see it as the Charger being "normal" and the CV looking a bit small. The Testors/Lindberg Charger wheelbase is much longer than the Lindberg CV. Chargers are definitely smaller cars than CV's. That said, I'm not worried over the scale difference. I can easily see myself getting 2 or 3 of the police cruisers.

Looks like some good stuff coming from Lindberg. I didn't see in the box art pics the Challenger concept, Rampage concept, or Demon concepts that they showed mock up box art for last year... are those dead?

The pair of Vipers was absent too. Someone mentioned that w/Wally World out of the kit business, that pretty well killed these particular kits. I know for sure someone had posted earlier that Lindberg told them the Challenger concept was dropped. Honestly while I'd like to have all these kits, I think Lindberg made the right decision, especially on the relatively obscure Rampage and Demon. Revell could update their Vipers to the newer specs, but even that seems doubtful. Anything Chrysler seems doubtful these days :D

Looks like some good stuff coming from Lindberg. I didn't see in the box art pics the Challenger concept, Rampage concept, or Demon concepts that they showed mock up box art for last year... are those dead?

The Rampage and Demon are listed on their website.

Steve, that Peterbilt 359 box shown in your Fotki album of the show - any info on that? Is that a new tooling?

Thanks!

Larry,

As far as I know it's a re-issue but I'm really not familiar with that kit. Maybe one of the Truck Guys can chime in. Here's what's in the Catalog.

LindbergCat14-vi.jpg

-Steve

As far as I know it's a re-issue but I'm really not familiar with that kit. Maybe one of the Truck Guys can chime in.

Steve,

I should have known that one. Testors brought out a 1/20 scale snap together Pete 359 in 1983-84 that only stayed on the market for a year or so then vanished never to be seen again. I never had the kit nor saw the parts for it so I cannot comment on the quality or accuracy.

Thanks for that!