#321 freakshow12

freakshow12

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Full Name:fred mckee

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

So Tim, when will we see a WIP on this bad boy? By the look of the body pics I am pleased with it. Only one issue I can see is the thickness of the wheel well edges. Reminds me of a die cast similar to the 68 mustang bodies which I have yet to bring myself to build because of the toylike nature of it

#322 Jim_Kampmann

Jim_Kampmann

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Kampmann

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

Thanks for the review and pics Tim - wish they were bigger! Can't wait for this one (or the race version to come!). Now I need to decide what color to paint the first one I purchase!

Jim Kampmann

#323 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:48 AM

My Bad: Tim, thanks a million for suppling a fist-hand look at this great new kit. I had the test shot in my hands @ NNL East and some of it looked a little off. The pictures you posted are VERY encouraging. Please, build on!

#324 tim boyd

tim boyd

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:07 AM

Thanks for the review and pics Tim - wish they were bigger! Can't wait for this one (or the race version to come!). Now I need to decide what color to paint the first one I purchase!

Jim Kampmann

Heh Jim! 

Yes, I am debating the color choice thing as well.  I just checked the referenences...18 factory colors, 2 more at mid-year....all thsoe interior colors and combinations...three stripe colors...should a vinyl top be added....not to mention all the engine options....yow!   

I think my first one will be Vitamin C Orange with a black interior....but not entrely sure.  

By the way, I reset the photo size at Fotki yesterday so anyone looking for the pictures in a littlle bigger size should go back to the link above...makes a big difference (ooops...overstating the obvious?) .  

TIM 

#325 tim boyd

tim boyd

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:13 AM

I can't wait until Revell pops out THE most famous Pro Stock version of this kit. And if they don't.....

The interesting thing about the '70 Sox and Martin Pro Stock car was just how close to "stock" it really was....much less modified from the factory production car than the '71 Sox and Martin version was.  I think it would be a pretty easy kitbash to take the decals from the JoHan '71 kit and combine them with the new Revell kit, a simple rollbar from Evergreen Sheet Styrene, and some other minor kitbashing, and come up with a pretty convincing model.  There was a full photo feature in one of the muscle car mgazines a couple of years ago on the '70 car that would serve as a good guide...TB 

#326 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:17 AM

The interesting thing about the '70 Sox and Martin Pro Stock car was just how close to "stock" it really was....much less modified from the factory production car than the '71 Sox and Martin version was.  I think it would be a pretty easy kitbash to take the decals from the JoHan '71 kit and combine them with the new Revell kit, a simple rollbar from Evergreen Sheet Styrene, and some other minor kitbashing, and come up with a pretty convincing model.  There was a full photo feature in one of the muscle car mgazines a couple of years ago on the '70 car that would serve as a good guide...TB 

Tim, it almost sounds like your down playing the possibility of Revell doing the S & M car.....

When can we expect it?   B)

#327 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,900 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:24 AM

Tim, it almost sounds like your down playing the possibility of Revell doing the S & M car.....When can we expect it?   B)

I'm sure Tim couldn't say even if he knew, but I would bet a princely sum Revell will announce it as part of it's 2014 4Q announcements. Give the original release a year to sell, then add the first modified reissue to the lineup.

#328 tim boyd

tim boyd

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

I'm sure Tim couldn't say even if he knew, but I would bet a princely sum Revell will announce it as part of it's 2014 4Q announcements. Give the original release a year to sell, then add the first modified reissue to the lineup.

Casey...you are correct in that if Revell's specifics on future release plans had been shared with me, I would not be authorized to share it here prior to Revell doing so.     

As for the other drag cars pictured here, I was pretty knowledgeable about the '70 Sox and Martin car per my comment above, but had conveniently forgotten about some of the other drag cars pictured here - very cool, guys - that Don Grotheer car is so cool!  Obviously, these would be just as easy a kitbash using the new 'cuda kit. 

TIM

Edited by tim boyd, 10 November 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#329 kelson

kelson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Full Name:curtis boxill

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

Just looking at the resized pics I noticed the box art car has a Barracuda script behind the front wheel well and is decal # 25,is a future variant going to have the option to build a mainstream version or gran coupe?,for the Gran coupe looks like a emblem below the barracuda script would need to be added.

#330 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,939 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

Just looking at the resized pics I noticed the box art car has a Barracuda script behind the front wheel well and is decal # 25,is a future variant going to have the option to build a mainstream version or gran coupe?,for the Gran coupe looks like a emblem below the barracuda script would need to be added.

Looks like the script decal is for the custom version, it's visible on the fender of the blue/white car on the box art.

#331 kelson

kelson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Full Name:curtis boxill

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

Looks like the script decal is for the custom version, it's visible on the fender of the blue/white car on the box art.

Oh Yeah I see that,but it's also on the Lime green cuda and I know it doesn't belong there,so it got me curious :)

#332 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:42 AM

Ok, So who is going to be the 1st to replicate this one ?

cuda_zps345f7a26.jpg

#333 azers

azers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Full Name:Joe l. Spitzer

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

My eyes hurt now.

#334 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

I wouldn't mind doing one like this, very subtle, no stripe, maybe use steelies and DDs.

1970+Plymouth+Hemi+Cuda+White+-+Exterior

or one like this:

1970+Plymouth+Hemi+Cuda+Dark+Green+Left+

or this very tasty example w/ a red stripe:

1970_plymouth_hemi_cuda_coupe_-_black_-_

Edited by Rob Hall, 11 November 2013 - 09:18 AM.

#335 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,602 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

Ok, So who is going to be the 1st to replicate this one ?

cuda_zps345f7a26.jpg

The Amazing Techni-Color Dream 'Cuda??

Charlie Larkin

#336 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts
  • Full Name:Brett Jermaine Jackie Tito Marlon Michael Barrow

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:25 AM

Wow, if the worst thing about this kit is a few non-factory stock decals...   

#337 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

99% of the buyers will be a very happy camper ( myself included )

#338 tim boyd

tim boyd

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

99% of the buyers will be a very happy camper ( myself included )

Guys...I may be the guilty party on this one...several years back I gave Revell quite explicit suggestions on the factory content/options for this kit and I may have suggested a red stripe along with the Black and White.  I need to find my correspondence and see if I'm the one to blame....  TIM 

#339 Chuck Kourouklis

Chuck Kourouklis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

Well and good, Tim, but Rob's black example above looks pretty bad-a$$...

#340 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

Well and good, Tim, but Rob's black example above looks pretty bad-a$$...

Yep...here it is from another angle.

1970_plymouth_hemi_cuda_coupe_-_black_-_

Edited by Rob Hall, 11 November 2013 - 11:06 AM.