Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '70 Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda 2'n1

Just looking at the resized pics I noticed the box art car has a Barracuda script behind the front wheel well and is decal # 25,is a future variant going to have the option to build a mainstream version or gran coupe?,for the Gran coupe looks like a emblem below the barracuda script would need to be added.

Looks like the script decal is for the custom version, it's visible on the fender of the blue/white car on the box art.

99% of the buyers will be a very happy camper ( myself included )

Wow, if the worst thing about this kit is a few non-factory stock decals...

Guys...I may be the guilty party on this one...several years back I gave Revell quite explicit suggestions on the factory content/options for this kit and I may have suggested a red stripe along with the Black and White. I need to find my correspondence and see if I'm the one to blame.... TIM

Wow, if the worst thing about this kit is a few non-factory stock decals...

...then we have it pretty darn good right now. ^_^

Here's Tim's decal sheet picture:

DSC_0345-vi.jpg

Lots of options, and I think Keith Marks offers a sheet if you want even more options.

Arghhh now look at what happened now the two or three that i was gonna buy just turned into a case or more

Michael

So many possibilities...even just sticking w/ stock versions--chrome side trim or not, fog lights or not, bumper choices, hood choices, stripe choices...wheel choices if you use some aftermarket parts, rear wing or not, etc..

Edited by Rob Hall

Just looking at the resized pics I noticed the box art car has a Barracuda script behind the front wheel well and is decal # 25,is a future variant going to have the option to build a mainstream version or gran coupe?,for the Gran coupe looks like a emblem below the barracuda script would need to be added.

I doubt a Gran Coupe would ever be a stand alone version of this kit, but I could see Revell eventually offering the "flat" standard hood as a future option. Some people like and prefer to use decals for the nameplates instead of foiling or painting the nameplates after the body is painted, so adding a "Barracuda" nameplate decal didn't take much extra work on the artist's part, so why not include it.

IMO a race series AAR is pushing the envelope. Outside of the body shell itself ,grille + bumpers the glass and chassis pan nothing is the same between it and this Hemi Cuda

Because nothing in the interior of the TransAm series AAR race cars is stock ( except maybe the dash )

A stock AAR would be nice and doable, but I have a feeling the aftermkt will fill that void pretty quickly once this kit is released. The drivetrain from the AMT duster could supply most of the engine / trans required

Yes, the Duster kit comes w/ a six barrel induction system. And A/C, too.

Exactly ! It'd be nice if Round2 would reissue the Duster kit , but include the non-a/c pulleys / belt from the Street Machine ("Viper" engine) version .

That Six Barrel arrangement with that York RV-2 compressor isn't at all a *realistic* setup !