Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Take-A-Turn Torino Project

Casey

I think the way I will tackle this will work best. I plan to set up the chassis and send the kit back to Casey to be divided up for paintwork etc. then I will do the engine. That way by the time the engine is done the other parts will be in progress as well. Sound good?

I think the way I will tackle this will work best. I plan to set up the chassis and send the kit back to Casey to be divided up for paintwork etc. then I will do the engine. That way by the time the engine is done the other parts will be in progress as well. Sound good?

Sounds good. I was thinking we will need to discuss how the chassis is finished/painted and if there is body color involved in a few areas, we might need to get Billy involved a bit sooner, too, but we still have plenty of time to discuss.

Thanks for the update, Andrew.

Sounds good. I was thinking we will need to discuss how the chassis is finished/painted and if there is body color involved in a few areas, we might need to get Billy involved a bit sooner, too, but we still have plenty of time to discuss.

Thanks for the update, Andrew.

That won't be a problem. I am just going to modify what I need to and make sure it will all go together ok later and blow it all apart again so you guys can paint and assemble it all. Will be like I wasn't even here lol

Well, I've done all that I can without the parts being in primer. They were a little tough to see being white. Things have a habit of coming out after being primed but I think things turned out well. I hope they hold up after being shot with primer and my part of the build was satisfactory. My part has come to an end and the kit has been shipped to Canada for Fred to do the engine and chassis work.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds great, Fred. That was much faster than anticipated. My internet has been down and only just today I've gone to a coffee shop to send you and Casey the customs tracking number. :lol:

I'm still pretty curious about Jeff's experimenting. I can barely call myself a modeler and one idea I've come up with is taking a wire brush to some stock to try to make the "veins" in vinyl. Thinking about it, that idea is probably rubbish!

• 2 weeks later...

If you still need people i can do the

Chassis, suspension, and exhaust, including fitting wheels and tires to suspension/body

Welcome aboard the project, Carlos. You'll be up next and handle the chassis/suspension/exhaust. Fred is setting up the specific ride height now since he's done it many times on the kit, but when he's done with the engine work, he will send everything off to you. When he gets closer to being finished, you two can contact each other and exchange addresses and such.

That works for me. I am close to having it dialed in. I had to find and modify some wheel backs from my stash. I am also looking for some nice disk brakes for all 4 corners. I will have pics up soon.

What outside rotor diameter do you need?

Well I was playing with this last night and I was using the magnum 500 ish set of resin rims but I had a change of mind. I bought a foose 67 cornet rt the other day. It has the best looking set of big magnum 500s I have seen. They are chrome but I will detail one up and let you guys see them. In my mind they will be perfect. The look we want while not looking too much like a full on pro touring car. Let me get one done this weekend and I will let the group decide

I think it's pretty cool what you guys are doing... I could donate a set of rims with tires and rotors, I have them from the '65 Chevy step-side pickup if you guys want them for the project.... only downside being I have no backs for them.

Thanks for the offer of parts Tim, but we'll accept donations only if you join in on the build! :lol:

Fred, I've been wondering what some of the new Foose kit wheels look like, sounds like those you have in mind might really fit the bill. Hopefully you have others you can mock up for us to see too ;)

Have you seen the wheels in the Foose Charger kit yet? Wonder how they look? Pegasus has some too that might be cool:

pgh2312.jpg pgh2311.jpg

pgh2305.jpg pgh1226.jpg

pgh2209.jpg

Ok guys, I got the foose magnums detailed out and they are beautiful. I am just making some tire adjustments for you guys to choose from. I have pics but they won't go from my phone here at work. This thing is coming along nicely and should be off my bench before the week is out

Welcome aboard the project, Carlos. You'll be up next and handle the chassis/suspension/exhaust. Fred is setting up the specific ride height now since he's done it many times on the kit, but when he's done with the engine work, he will send everything off to you. When he gets closer to being finished, you two can contact each other and exchange addresses and such.

Sounds good to me this is my first comunity build im very excited!!

Also who am I handing it off to after?

That works for me. I am close to having it dialed in. I had to find and modify some wheel backs from my stash. I am also looking for some nice disk brakes for all 4 corners. I will have pics up soon.

Fred let me know when ur ready to hand it off