Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Take-A-Turn Torino Project

Casey

I liked the darker one when I first looked at it but it wore off fairly quickly with the funky color combos. I'm sticking with a nice silvery blue or light to medium blue. If more people sign up do we have to start the votes over? *fingers crossed*

@ Jeff - Nothing has been primed. Casey brought up the point to me that people will need to choose their own primer colors. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for gettin' to it eventually though lol :)

I'm with Casey on the interior. I rarely do black interiors since they get lost inside a model. I always go with something light. I'm known for my gray, red and light brown interiors, if for nothing more than the reflective values and being able to see the details inside a model car body.

I'd be happy to see the white interior! As far as the exterior, I don't know if factory colors are a requirement, but I like a color in between the two shown:

MVC004F-vi.jpg

It's Duplicolor. I can look for the number if interested.

Nah, we'll stick with blue, and pending Ron's vote, it looks like the darker medium blue in Jeff's pic is the winner.

My vote was for Grabber blue, but I've been overruled. It's ok, I can live with the dark or light blue metallic. At least when I finally get around to building this kit myself it won't look exactly the same.

The darker blue color shown in Jeff's pic wins. I think we'll leave it up to Billy to pick a blue which is close to that color, since he's doing the painting.

Do we want to use the factory laser stripe? If so, and we want to use one from the decal sheet, which one?

Fred voted for stripe #4, so let's hear from the others participating in the build which (if any) stripe you prefer.

Here are the choices if you want to use the factory laser stripes:

torstripes.jpg

Count me in for number one. The darker blue will look great with a white interior and should really pop.

After all the parts are cleaned up I'd like to send the kit to someone else for the chassis work. I have zero experience lowering models and to make this build a take-a-turn project I think it should go to someone else. As always, just my 2¢.

After all the parts are cleaned up I'd like to send the kit to someone else for the chassis work. I have zero experience lowering models and to make this build a take-a-turn project I think it should go to someone else. As always, just my 2¢.

Fred mentioned earlier in the topic that he'd like to fit the engine to the chassis, fit the exhaust, and setup the chassis in a lowered position, so when you're finished, Andrew, you can send it back to me (unless you're heading to the Serb Hall swap on Nov. 3rd?), and I'll mail it north to Fred or you can send it directly to Fred.

Looks like the blue and white stripe and a white interior have three votes so far...

I have been following this thread since I have one of these kits (but not the time to participate in this build.

I would like to suggest for interior color...a light metallic blue and silver (or gunmetal gray) would help link the #1 side stripes (that seem to be the popular choice) to the inside of the car.

Edited by blunc

Fred mentioned earlier in the topic that he'd like to fit the engine to the chassis, fit the exhaust, and setup the chassis in a lowered position, so when you're finished, Andrew, you can send it back to me (unless you're heading to the Serb Hall swap on Nov. 3rd?), and I'll mail it north to Fred or you can send it directly to Fred.

Okay. I didn't think it was decided if you, Casey, were going to do the chassis work or if Fred was. I can send the kit from here if that's alright. I signed up for it and it wouldn't be fair for you to pay yet more shipping costs imo.

Fred, I would probably send the whole kit to keep it all together unless you really don't want it all. But if one piece was missing that you needed to check fitment of something then you would end up waiting however long it takes to get things to Canada.

I was really hoping more people would be into this, as I'm sure we all were/are. Maybe they are and we don't know it. I thought it could turn into take-a-turn build teams where several models were being built at the same time. Maybe competing for a kit after a public poll was taken to choose a winner when they were finished. Sort of like that one TV show ,whose name eludes me right now, where they build two cars and one team wins. Sound like fun?

Okay. I didn't think it was decided if you, Casey, were going to do the chassis work or if Fred was. I can send the kit from here if that's alright. I signed up for it and it wouldn't be fair for you to pay yet more shipping costs imo.

I missed Fred's comment when he originally posted it, so we'll let him handle as much or as little as he wants, and if nobody volunteers for the chassis work by the time Fred is ready to mail it, I will handle that step to keep the project moving along.

Also, setting the suspension up will be done before I do the engine so I can get the chassis sent off to not hold anything up

I think we have plenty of time, so need to rush anything. We'll only have seven people participating at most, so we've each got plenty of time.

Andrew will send the entire kit to you, Fred, then you can set up the chassis and complete the engine, and send it back to me or someone else if we get another participant before you're finished.

Been pretty busy lately guys. I have some parts on the bench again and I will be spending as much time as possible on prepping as I can this weekend. If I have the time I think I do then I will be close to completing my portion of the build and the real fun can begin!

Been gathering a few things for the interior build-up...black embossing powder for the carpet, fine beading wire for possibly trimming the door panels.

Also experimenting 'white vinyl' techniques on some other styrene, looking for the most realistic finish B)

Sorry for the delay gentleman and viewers. I have a couple pieces left. I'll then be doing a parts count, before packing it all up and sending it to our next participant, Fred.

When I have more time I will put pics up while the package makes the journey to Canada.

Fred, I've sent you a PM.