Jump to content


Member Since 22 Apr 2012
Offline Last Active Today, 04:46 AM

Posts I've Made

In Topic: Arrangements for the inevitable

04 March 2015 - 05:24 AM

Hey D.M., the dumpster thing was partially a joke! But seriously I haven't thought of my model "collection" because it is rather small. My health being what it is, I have already made provisions for most of my stuff that I know my wife doesn't care about, such as tools, old cars & parts, sign equipment, etc.. So far in this area no one else that I can find is in this hobby or seems to care about it. (The reason for the dumpster comment) and yes I probably need to arrange for them to go to someone. UNLESS she puts me in the dumpster with them, then I can keep on building in another life!

In Topic: Arrangements for the inevitable

27 February 2015 - 05:13 AM

Im sure mine will end up in the dumpster!......AGAIN!!!

In Topic: Need a little information on Gorilla Super Glue

15 December 2014 - 05:23 AM

I use the clear gorilla glue on all my scratchbuilt stuff. never had a problem with it, but the yellow expandable is just nasty! I always use an accelerator with super glue.

In Topic: My Freightliner FLD 120

14 November 2014 - 06:00 AM

Well done rig!!!

In Topic: When do you stop building for yourself & start building for the hobby?

14 November 2014 - 05:58 AM

I build for myself probably 90% of the time, the other 10% being replicas for friends. I probably would never had gotten back into the hobby had I not found this forum. I don't do shows or contest, so other than you guys and a few friends, no one ever sees my stuff. That being said, this place pushes me to do a lot of detailing that I didn't do years ago. I used to love to build drag cars, but when I look now at the detailing and the time put into a lot of drag car builds here, well mine are now in boxes in the closet! I will always build for myself, but the perfectionist on this forum HAVE made me try and up my skill level. If you follow this forum, it pushes u to do better,which now makes me think twice now about posting builds! I'm in this hobby for fun and when I begin to see it as work, i'll quit once again. Been busy working on a 1;1 "35 Chevy rat rod, decal on the back glass says (I didn't build this to meet your approval, I built it because it met mine!)   That's the way a HOBBY should always be! I'll be quiet now.....