Model Cars Magazine Forum

Malco Gasser

Dragline

Started this when it first came out and lots got in the way. I had the day off and I knew I was pretty darned close so I opened it up last night. All I needed was to tackle those goofy seats and I was home free.

I used mostly acrylics with only the body and chassis color being Laquers. Duplicolor Perfect Match BGM0539 Lt Mett Blue and BCC0422 Intense blue pearl to be precise. There were a few battles but nothing anyone here couldn't handle. I made a few parts but I'll just let those be as is.

I finished it just a little while ago and it's nice out so shot a few pics.

Comments of any variety are fine of course.

Bob

11h6k4m.jpg
116v1b6.jpg

2e5lded.jpg
2e51nah.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

VERY nice Bob! You did a great job on this, maybe the best I've seen of this kit. You did some really nice detail work, like the stripes on the seat for instance, I don't see any blue on the white, nice job. Engine bay looks great too. Were there any fitment issues? For instance with the front clip being separate.

• 2 months later...

VERY nice Bob! You did a great job on this, maybe the best I've seen of this kit. You did some really nice detail work, like the stripes on the seat for instance, I don't see any blue on the white, nice job. Engine bay looks great too. Were there any fitment issues? For instance with the front clip being separate.

There were no true fitment issues. Make certain you hog out the front clip stays on the hood. The hood on mine is rather tough but it fits well when down but I had to hog out the parts that glue to the underside a bit to make it transition. There are also very few places to glue the chassis to the body so make sure those are free of paint when you cement them as they are the only anchor points. Thanks for noticing the seats as well. I masked them with BMF and then had to touch up a bit anyway. Using two different paints allowed this. I used Duplicolor enamel for the white and then Tamiya for the stripes. This way i was able to clean up goblins with a little ammonia without affecting the white till I got it just right.

There were no true fitment issues. Make certain you hog out the front clip stays on the hood. The hood on mine is rather tough but it fits well when down but I had to hog out the parts that glue to the underside a bit to make it transition. There are also very few places to glue the chassis to the body so make sure those are free of paint when you cement them as they are the only anchor points. Thanks for noticing the seats as well. I masked them with BMF and then had to touch up a bit anyway. Using two different paints allowed this. I used Duplicolor enamel for the white and then Tamiya for the stripes. This way i was able to clean up goblins with a little ammonia without affecting the white till I got it just right.

Bob, what do you mean by 'hog out? 

I didn't know you could use amonia to clean up Tamiya paint, was it acrylic?