Model Cars Magazine Forum

My in progress trucks: Kenworth S2

Looks nice Terry...did you purchase a hexagon punch for the bolts?

Thanks Dennis.Yes I did, and its great. Exactly like Jarda said, cutting the hex rod straight can be a hassle. This makes it very easy, although there are advantages and disadvantages to both. 

Terry,

That Pete is looking real good! I like the bolts you added to the frame.

Be Well

Gator

Thanks Gator. I dont want to let this one get too far off the back burner. Its getting close, so I just need to keep chugging away at it.

Not sure how I missed this thread before today.

Terry, I love every one of your projects. Can't wait to see some of them finished.

Really makes me want to drag out my old big rigs & build!

Thanks a lot Brad, I appreciate it. You absolutely should dig out those old rigs. 

This thing is really looking awesome!!!

Thanks Brian!

that pete is looking good terry !

Thanks Gino!

• 3 months later...

Small update on the Pete mixer. The cab is painted. I had a little bleeding at my tape lines, but no biggie. There is a local Mcneilus shop that I keep meaning to stop at for reference pics for all of the lines on the body. So no more progress than paint on this one.

7AE08A4F-EB16-499E-A2C7-7A38703DCC58_zps

This next one is very special to me. Its a Jim Etter resin cab, so this is piece of history as far as truck modeling goes. Its a Mack B-81 sitting on a Dm600 chassis.Im going to leave it curbside(with running  gear) because I do not want to cut on this cab. I also built a dump trailer for it with a tandem walking beam suspension. The rear set up was built using Mack, and Rockwell parts from the Autocar kit.

FCBDB413-7AF0-4ADD-94DA-4A6FBB2F3146_zps

7CEAC3FC-1CD4-4121-9D00-DA5978F346E5_zps

Here is a snap KW that Ive been tooling around with. The frame was turned into full C channel using styrene strip. The rear crossmember was moved forward and frame shortened, because it stifks out too far past the wheels. Sleeper removed abd rear cab panel built, scratchbuilt headache rack,  modified AMT 5 spokes mated to the inner snap hubs. 

D92DFA59-3F16-4A43-9432-CD89B414F3B9_zps

877EA41B-6C37-46CA-ADEF-7E82BA376D1D_zps

Im thinking of adding some tool boxes.

B6C1C2E7-446C-4A34-8EC4-B0C6F12FF758_zps

Edited by Superpeterbilt

Here is a tri drive Freightliner Coe that I started. I lengthened the frame by one inch and added a third set of spring to the Reyco suspension and added a third live axle. The front spokes are IMC Dodge. 

I have a Mack Cruisliner project going also. I need to photogragh it and post. 

Terry ,

Looks like you have been very busy. I like all of them. But the Etter Mack is a real gem ! The triple screw is cool. As always I will be watching for updates on thses builds.

Be Well

Gator

like it terry

its like my table with a lot of cab,s , chassis and more of those thing,s

thats kenworth lookin good and the mixer oohh yes , one of these day,s i gone start with one 

want to do it on the autocar , but first....yes make room on the hobby table

jacobus

All nice projects Terry. I like the tri-axle Freightliner!

Thanks Dennis, I plan to to put a four axle tanker behind it. 

very nice terry !  that yellow w900 looks killer !

Thanks Gino. I went for a Malbros paint scheme on this one. 

Beautiful work!!!

Thanks Rick!

Terry ,

Looks like you have been very busy. I like all of them. But the Etter Mack is a real gem ! The triple screw is cool. As always I will be watching for updates on thses builds.

Be Well

Gator

Thanks Gator. I was very happy to get my hands on that cab. I have other B-81's, but this one is special.

Very nice builds.......................can't wait to see more!

Thanks Tom!

like it terry

its like my table with a lot of cab,s , chassis and more of those thing,s

thats kenworth lookin good and the mixer oohh yes , one of these day,s i gone start with one 

want to do it on the autocar , but first....yes make room on the hobby table

jacobus

Thanks Jacobus. I have an Autocar kit stashed with the mixer unit from the Challenge KW. 

You've got some nice builds going there Terry. I think that we might have similar taste in trucks. I was trying to pick a favorite, but I don't think that I can. They all are great!

I agree Brian, I dig your builds as well. Thanks man.

that looks nice

you give me some nice idee,s

and a change to use some stuff out the BIG PARTSBOX

wil follow these builds

jacobus

Thanks Jacobus, the wheels are always turning!

This is looking real nice Terry! Can't wait to see it with the four axle tanker.

Thanks Dennis, neither can I. Ill be using some junked suspension from dump trailer kits. I have the Revell 6 axle tanker, but Im saving that for the future.

Terry wow you have a lot of projects going on at one time and they are all very cool builds. I have to focus on one build at a time or other wise I would get the parts all mixed up. All i can say is I like them all. 

Thanks Dan. Im too scatter brained to focus on one thing. Once I start these, they go into a plastic shoe box thats keeps them all organized and parts together. I tackle just a little bit on a few at a time. I find that if I work on just one, I try to rush it and end up wrecking it. 

This is just some of the stash.