Model Cars Magazine Forum

My in progress trucks: Kenworth S2

There's some great building happening here!! Mixer looks awesome Terry

Like how the ribs and bolt detail pops under the primer, are you planning to add any plumbing ?

Thanks Jeff. The welds probably should have been a little smaller, but it was my first time doing this. As for the plumbing, I plan on doing as much as possible. Engine, air lines, fuel lines, and what I can figure out on the mixer. Im not too knowledgeable on mixers, but as usual Im using what I can find in photos. Wreckers and dump trucks are my background. We always had a little of both. 

Terry, your builds are incredible. I though I had a lot of unfinished projects, but your batch is awesome............but even more impressive is the level to which you have taken so many of them. My attention span is so short, it only has one end. I can NEVER get that far with a build without getting side tracked or deciding to change something I had been working on for years already and starting over. I have a CO-4090 in process right now, that I THOUGHT was getting close to completion...................until I started thinking about converting the already done running gear from a tandem drive to an all wheel drive, and now I can't get it out of my head!  Keep up the superb work!

West Coast Autocar

8D5B0B4D-CEE1-4DD7-88CC-17575F488091_zps

Junkyard Brockway 361

Terry,

What an AWESOME collection of "In Progress" projects!  I think we have about the same amount!  I like the modification and bodywork process, but get hung up on the "completion" aspect... I really like the tanker above and the Mack AK Bulldozer hauler!  Can you share the source for the modified tanker body above?  I'd like to give that a try!  Great mixer build thread by the way!  We have several similar mixers in use here in the Orlando area.  Fantastic workmanship!  I'll be following this build for sure!

David

This is the first time I'm seeing that black and silver Pete. That looks great man.

Thanks Clayton. Its a replica of a 359 that my dad had. I built it from memory, and it had been years since I had seen it. The paint job ended up being way off. I finally got some pics of it years later. I plan on building a 1/16 of it later on. This is actually the 2nd incarnation of my very first truck model. Its scheduled for yet a 3rd rebuilt. Heres the 1:1

Terry,

What an AWESOME collection of "In Progress" projects!  I think we have about the same amount!  I like the modification and bodywork process, but get hung up on the "completion" aspect... I really like the tanker above and the Mack AK Bulldozer hauler!  Can you share the source for the modified tanker body above?  I'd like to give that a try!  Great mixer build thread by the way!  We have several similar mixers in use here in the Orlando area.  Fantastic workmanship!  I'll be following this build for sure!

David

Thanks David. The kit used is the Italeri Jumbo tanker. Its the same kit as the current "Topaz" tanker.I was just in Orlando this week.

I love this picture, makes me think back to the movie "Steel Cowboy"  passing the fleet driver. (yeah I know wrong make of trucks)

Sean thats one of my favorite movies. The Outlaw Western Star crashing the gate at the picket line is my favorite part.I wish they would remaster that movie and put it on dvd.

Thanks Clayton. Its a replica of a 359 that my dad had. I built it from memory, and it had been years since I had seen it. The paint job ended up being way off. I finally got some pics of it years later. I plan on building a 1/16 of it later on. This is actually the 2nd incarnation of my very first truck model. Its scheduled for yet a 3rd rebuilt. Heres the 1:1

004_zpsc3zhee5h.jpg

Right on. Sounds like you got another to add to the list of in progress. The replica of my dad's first truck I'm gonna do, is gonna be built from memory and a couple of vague pics.

Edited by Petetrucker07

• 1 month later...

Im trying to push this one along to completion. I jumped a big hurdle tonight and punched out the bolts for the frame. I also put yet another coat of primer on the cab and hood after more sanding. Im still trying to get he bodywork right, and then its right into paint. 

Edited by Superpeterbilt