Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ebay sellers - Crazy?

It's worth what someone is willing to pay.  There might be only two people out there who need a '68 CJ hood and scoop, but this might be the only one out there...if so, one of those two guys is going to die without having gotten it...

Wow I have one of those hood scoops sitting in my basement. Picked it up at a swap meet about 10 years ago for 20 bucks. The original matte black paint was really faded but the scoop is perfect otherwise. I might have to throw it on ebay and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up. I would never ask that much for it but if I could make a few bucks for having sit in my basement that would be cool.

Are they crazy, maybe. But we all know we want to sell for the highest price possible, and buy for the cheapest price possible.  So if there is someone who wants it bad enough, and has the cash, and is willing to part with the cash. Who's to say anyone is crazy.

good point, for sure,,,,however who would ever have thought vintage kits would draw the money they get on paybay.....back in the 80s a big dollar kit was 75.00,,,something mind blowing 100.00 or so. I see junk drawing 2,3,4 hundred bucks at times on paybay, so actual rare car parts....skys the limit I guess.....the ace....:wacko:

The '68 Mustang CJ scoop is different... rare... so everything is relative.

exactly.

and if you really want your eyes opened, check out what guys are asking -and getting- for nos mopar hemi detail parts  :blink:

mike