Model Cars Magazine Forum

Every detail looks fantastic. Are you gonna add some fuel for it? Does it run on coal or firewood?

It's hard to see in the photos, but there is a load of coal in there. It would run on coal or firewood... either. Or both. Even old newspapers. Whatever burns. The point was to feed the fire that heated the water that created the steam that drove the pistons. :D

You forgot the side mirrors......:angry:

They were optional. Actually they were part of the "Comfort and Convenience" option package that included the mirrors, power seat, cupholders, upgraded stereo with subwoofer, dual-zone climate control/AC, and floor mats.

This one wasn't optioned that way... :P

They were optional. Actually they were part of the "Comfort and Convenience" option package that included the mirrors, power seat, cupholders, upgraded stereo with subwoofer, dual-zone climate control/AC, and floor mats.

This one wasn't optioned that way... :P

Poor guy has to load his own coal too.

BIG difference to a Shooting Brake....:rolleyes:

ditto

And btw, I am amazed at the speed you work

Thanks, guys, for the nice comments.

Bill... yep, I am a pretty fast builder. If I actually had worked on this model "full time" (8 hours a day, 5 days a week), I think I would have finished it in a week, tops. As it is, I worked on it here and there, when I had the time.