Model Cars Magazine Forum

Community build duration times

64SS350

Well, I think that a cbp needs to start in the winter when we are all here,(or at least 1/2 of us)..talking about it,... and voting on finish of last years

And then it's, where ever you can fit in the time,..

Whenever it's fun .....Not watching tv is a real time saver

see ya 'gain next year?

Cheers

I build all year long myself,  but if you can't get a build off done in 10 months, i struggle to see how another month is going to make much difference  ?  A couple of months is more than ample i think..

Edited by DeeCee

I, for one, have more time in the winter, especially around the Christmas/New Year time period. I would love to see more end on Dec. 31 or Jan. 1

Me too!  That's why I do my annual Christmas Model Car Amnesty Build.  I usually have the last week of the year off from work. It's not enough time to start a new build and finish it, but it's enough time to finish some old long languishing project!  So each year I find a model that deserves to be finished, hunker down and finish it that week.  I've been doing this for 15 years.   Here's my album...  every year except for 2010 because I was in the middle of moving... http://public.fotki.com/ModelCitizen/model_cars/my_model_cars/my-finished-models/the-model-car-amnes/

There is a community build that has a FaceBook page,  Gary Kulchock hosts the annual 24 Hour Build.  He has a group get together at his home in West Virginia, and there are a few other groups around the country.  And then there are those of us who work from our homes and it's all communicated over the Internet all night long.  The build runs from noon on Saturday until noon on Sunday.  This year it's January 24-25, and this is the ninth annual!   https://www.facebook.com/groups/455951714469809/