Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Chevy 150 Conversion

64SS350

URL]URL]URL]Started this build a couple months ago for someone else to give as a gift. Converting the Black Widow kit to build the pictured drag car.

Will try to add pics from PB later, one time it works, next it doesn't.

P1060356_zps7scttor2.jpg

URL]URL]

Edited by 64SS350

I like the removal of the hood "Gun Sights" and did just that on a build in the past. Did you use extra spruce from the kit or just body filler ? For my self I have had body modifications like this in the past and had the putty shrink or start cracking later.

I actually flipped the chrome 'gun sights' upside down, then filled in with putty. Then, found the' fill ins' are provided in a '57 monogram kit I have for parts. Go figure!

I want to do a little more refining and cleanup on the underside of the hod also.

• 3 weeks later...

I built the Black Widow as a base 6 cyl. grocery getter!

16.JPG

12.JPG

If you use the six from the 1960 Chevrolet pickup kit, and use the 150 three speed trans, you'll have everything except the proper air cleaner, but that shouldn't be to hard between the '51 Bel-Air one, and the Chevy pickup kits from AMT and Revell, ('41, '50, '60) you should get enough parts to fab one up that can fool most people. Or use a small air cleaner from a two four barrel carb set up as an aftermarket one.

Those are tips for someone that might want to build a grocery getter too. You did an excellent build on yours but didn't give any particulars.

Edited by horsepower

• 1 month later...