Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gravity Colors...anybody bought from them lately?

I had (notice I said had) very good luck with Gravity up until March of this year.  I have an order still pending from March and still nothing even after sending at least 10 or more emails.  To bad because I really like his products and would like to be able to do more business with him in the future, but I don't see how that can happen.  What I don't understand is I have been hearing about people getting orders now but a lot of people have been waiting for months like myself.  How are these new orders getting out while others are not?

• 2 weeks later...

I used the live chat because I have had an order pending from March,  I have no idea what happened but after contacting with the live chat they found my order and sent it out the next day.  So anyone waiting for an order for a long time should contact them threw the chat and not email.

• 4 weeks later...

Gravity Colors!

Purchased 15 colors on Sept 14th. Asked multiple times for update with no response. Still says "processing". No idea how I can get an update on the status of my order. Anyone else experience this issue with them? Anyone have a phone number or direct e-mail I can use? All i seem to have access to is the online "chat" feature which is never manned. 

I had an order out since June and got it filled about 2 weeks ago after escalating it thru Paypal. He said he was having email server prob, but I'm leery. Got a gift card for a free bottle of paint but I'm not even sure I'll use it.

However, my first order earlier in the year came back very quickly, and one guy on FB said that he's never had a prob. Dunno what the deal is, but I don't think I'll use him again. Can't stand the drama.

I escalated through PayPal last night and they responded this morning. I attached the response. 

Not happy. My primary reason for requesting the refund was a lack of communication, not because the shipment was taking too long. It would have been sufficient if they responded and just said “it’s going to take two weeks”. Using the hurricane as an excuse is also tacky the way he wrote it. How would a first-time customer know where they are located? I can’t seem to find it  anywhere on their website (which is also the only means of communication). Doing some research, it shows they are in south Florida? Confused. 

Reading other people’s threads on the issue, it’s obvious this is not an isolated incident. If he was actually concerned about customer service,  he should have suspended taking orders or had a pro-active Response to orders. 

I will purchase from their European store in the future, or zero paints from hobbyworld.

CB144DDB-B1CD-4415-B065-16535B73C119.png

Hmmm....I ordered some stuff from Model Car Mountain, in Churchville, Va., last Friday and received them this past Monday. Also, the USPS has a notification at the top of the tracking page indicating that postal activities were suspended in the Carolinas due to the aftermath of the hurricane, no mention of Florida. If my knowledge of geography is correct, Florida is a pretty far south of the affected areas and no Florida-related USPS service disruption alerts were ever issued. One should get his information straight before making an excuse so full of holes that it resembles Swiss cheese. My advice is to stop patronizing this particular company and order Gravity paints from the original European source. It had even severed all ties to the former U.S. distributor due to issues you guys have noted.

I bought a few bottles of Gravity paint straight from the source at a model contest a couple of years ago.  Very nice paint.  Since then I've discovered Tru-Color paint and bought straight from them.  Several months ago I discovered Arizona Hobby and they sell the Tru-Color line at a less expensive cost.  I'll stick with Tru-Color.

It seems Gravity colours in the U.S were originally the distributor for the original Gravity Colours based in Spain, and are using the brand name without permission from https://gravity-colors.com

I prefer to deal with Michael Guest at MCW lacquers, I'll have my order in around 3-4 days, https://mcwfinishes.com/ his paints are just superb.

Yep, I am definitely done with this guy. Now he has the label printed but has not shipped it yet, ahahhaha. What games... I would have preferred he just return my money as I requested, but obviously he wants his money (which he feels entitled to). 

I probably would have had my order from the Spanish company by now. Ah well, live and learn. 

On 7/30/2018 at 8:19 PM, lambrakos said:

Ordered on June  27th for the first time. The order was for $41+. Emailed the next day for the free bottle of paint for first time buyers. No response. A week later I googled Gravity and  I found myself talking live with someone in Spain who is (was) apparently the parent company. This very polite person with excellent English explained to me that gravity USA is no longer associated with them because of their bad marketing habits and that they ship to the US by DHL and it takes only a few days to get my order. I told him first I must get my money back.  After that I did  some searching on the internet and confirmed all that he said. After many more unanswered emails I filed for a return with paypal and got my money back on July 29th. If I order from Spain I will let you know how it went. Right now I'm a little gunshy as I got burned before from other suppliers. 

A follow up: I did order from gravity colors in Spain. The order was placed on Sat evening and the items were at my door the following Thurs afternoon. Not bad at all! Communication with the supplier and the carrier was excellent. Packaging was thoughtful and all items arrived undamaged. I also ordered from MCW as I have many times before but this time I was in for a very pleasant surprise! The new owners have a website (though under construction when I ordered) from which I (we) can order online from! No more mailing in my order! Also they are accessible from their facebook page. So looks like I am covered for all my paint needs weather domestic, imports, nascar, F1 or anything in-between. And just to keep everything straight I am not in any way connected or affiliated  with either company. I am just sick and tired of all of us losing money to these unethical jokers and wanabe business owners. If I try splash and zero paints i will post them also.

Happy modelling!!!!!

Edited by lambrakos
spelling

10 hours ago, peteski said:

I'm surprised that flammable materials (paint) was shipped via international airmail.  Post office makes a big deal about shipping flammable materials, even domestically.

You can now ship from Europe...Spotmodel started doing so again, but the bottle quantity has to be small, like 30 ml (most Zero jars are still too big at 60 ml).

Yesterday, I placed an order for two bottles of paint from Gravity Colors. Here's hoping that it doesn't take 6 months to get them!