Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bantam Fuel Altered - New pics 1-7

Codi

Thank you Bruce.......really like what you're doing on your Big Boyz build as well.  I love that car.  

Hey Zack, well I've been called a lot of things in my life but prodigy wasn't one of them.  All kidding aside, I appreciate the compliment.  cheers

Davewilly & DaveGoatGuy............appreciated I assure you.

This pic doesn't appear to be much but it a very important moment. Using Devcon 2 part clear epoxy, which gives you 30 minutes handling time but is SUPER STRONG & Clear when it sets, I finally got the engine & drive-train installed.  Took me a while to get various hard & soft lines in place first but now I'm really anxious to start putting the other bits & pieces in & on.  Cheers

image.png.b5cf3b72048c6c638c0ae789fe3fc3d0.png

Edited by Codi

6 minutes ago, Codi said:

Thank you Bruce.......really like what you're doing on your Big Boyz build as well.  I love that car.  

Hey Zack, well I've been called a lot of things in my life but prodigy wasn't one of them.  All kidding aside, I appreciate the compliment.  cheers

Davewilly & DaveGoatGuy............appreciated I assure you.

This pic doesn't appear to be much but it a very important moment. Using Devcon 2 part clear epoxy, which gives you 30 minutes handling time but is SUPER STRONG & Clear when it sets, I finally got the engine & drive-train installed.  Took me a while to get various hard & soft lines in place first but now I'm really anxious to start putting the other bits & pieces in & on.  Cheers

image.png.b5cf3b72048c6c638c0ae789fe3fc3d0.png

Tim......Congrats Brother......I’ve been waiting for this post.....looks Killer??

23 hours ago, Codi said:

Hahaha. I understand but sir but I did not know anyone could set the bar this high. Your work is AMAZING!

Edited by Snoopy47

Thanks fellas for all the sentiments you've shared.  Art I think captured how I felt about that step....setting the gem in the ring.  Good one Art.  Well, that got me really going so after letting the glue set I flipped it over and attached the floor and oil pan.  There won't be many pics of the bottom end at this point so I thought I'd share these couple of pics.  Cheers & Thank you once more!  Tim

image.thumb.png.34804d02b828492d92e16f46eb0694dd.png

image.png.4a98dab145353c82510828d591396a49.png

Hi Brad, I used the printer plate you sent me........thanks again, that stuff is fantastic.  

Thanks Daniel. I'm taking my good ol' time now. I have no pressure to finish it at this point.  It will be done in the next couple of months for sure.  I just refuse to deviate from the assembly plan now as I'll screw it up for sure otherwise. 

Thank you Dave & John as always.   I'm starting to get superstitious about the month of April.  It was 3 years ago to the month that the Henry went to the floor.  Yesterday, I dropped this one from my elevated work stand (I have to use it now sometimes because I have arthritis in my neck or so the doctor says) and it went about a foot down onto my steel desk top.  Only a tiny tab came off that I was able to repair and a super small bit of paint that has been repaired too.  The chassis is super strong.  The paint proved itself super durable as well. I think having the mid-plate and drive-train installed added a lot of stiffness to it which is why nothing twisted or bent.  I was so fortunate not to have the blower and crower installed at this point.  It's back in the jig now and ready to move forward.  I've got a few pieces to do final plating on and then the belts and seat go in.  After that it should really move along.  Thanks for following!  Tim

Tim... this is a HUGE Milestone my friend. You have to be ecstatic about it. I know all too well what this point means and the feeling from it, to see all of your hard work starting to pay off and now getting to see it come together, I know it has to make you smile. This is truly some of the most outstanding work around. I am super happy for you to reach this point. Continue doing what you have been doing because it's Beautiful. Looking forward to your next update. Cheers!

Chris S. (mooneyz) its moving along faster now and the motivation is high.  Thanks as always!

Chris Smith,  I'm slow as you've figured out by now and I've resigned myself that I'll never be a John Teresi.  Certainly appreciate your sentiments and if I don't do something stoopid before completing it, I think it will turn out as well as I had hoped at the start.  

Clay, hey man nice to have you stop by and check it out. Thank you..........been checking from time to time on your Old Master build you started.......any chance you'll pick that one back up?   Here's hoping!  

Last step before installing seat and belts was to plate the front axle, spindles and to re-plate the seat (I just wasn't satisfied).  The plating is now complete and I'm going to move on to the next step.  2 pics of the seat and front end now that they're shiny.   Cheers all!  Tim

image.png.8b8c8865e6cd0ea220120481eb4a20c2.png

image.png.cfebcbcb9b4addc28c6682ed4e057fe9.png

Incredible update Tim.... that plaing is out of  this world my friend. It looks great. I have been struggling with using mine and my results are nothing compared to yours. Cant wait to see the seat installed along with the Belts. Cheers!

Thanks gentlemen.  I wanted to answer Brad's question..........yup, it has "substance"........haven't weighed it yet.  Off the top of my head, everything is either brass, aluminum, stainless steel and even a wee bit of titanium.  The body of course is plastic, the trans and the blower manifold were 3D printed. Tires are compresin items.   I've been working the last several days to get the seat/belts installed.  I made a brass (plated afterwards) bracket for the should belts to attach to..........the original chassis bar and seat back were just too close together. Also had to modify one of my tiny .5mm wrenches to get nut onto the lap belt bolt from the bottom of the chassis.   Moving on........cheers!!!!

This is a pic of the brass (chrome plated)  shoulder belt bracket.

image.png.9f03d3011a9329745c1003186966790a.png

image.png.99c966f9991fe28143dfd27162ae453b.png

image.png.b2a408e8902a55b889d00fc984211611.png

image.png.f13460023473deab8ea4715dd0775f2a.png

Edited by Codi

Tim.... Incredible.... Flat out Gorgeous work. That belt set up is so nice. This build continues to get better and better with each update. I am still so amazed at your plating skills. I have been struggling trying to use mine and can't wait to see a seminar at GSL about it. Hopefully then I will be able to get some better results.