Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Chrysler 300.

StevenGuthmiller

Steve, you can resize your pics in MS Paint........ if you want the pic to be 3/4 the size it is, just dial it down to 75% in the resizing command........

I put all my pics at 55% of what the camera takes them at.  Hope this helps.............. :)

BTW, the model looks perfect, as do all your builds.........

Edited by JollySipper

Steve, you can resize your pics in MS Paint........ if you want the pic to be 3/4 the size it is, just dial it down to 75% in the resizing command........

I put all my pics at 55% of what the camera takes them at.  Hope this helps.............. :)

BTW, the model looks perfect, as do all your builds.........

Thanks TJ, but it sounds like a whole bunch of messing around that I don't really want to deal with.

I guess my question is, why don't I have this problem problem anywhere else.

I post these same photos on a number of different forums & sites & have never heard of any issues.

My question would be, if some people are seeing it distorted, & others are not, & only here I might add, wouldn't that be a problem on the "viewers" end?

Steve 

Harry uses a Mac from what I understand- could that be an issue? My pictures look great and I have a bargain-basement laptop with a 15" monitor. 

This is a gorgeous car. The 1965-'66 Chryslers are one of my favorite designs of the 1960s.

Great job!

Charlie Larkin

Harry uses a Mac from what I understand- could that be an issue? My pictures look great and I have a bargain-basement laptop with a 15" monitor. 

This is a gorgeous car. The 1965-'66 Chryslers are one of my favorite designs of the 1960s.

Great job!

Charlie Larkin

Your photos are fine, click on the distorted photo and a viewer opens and the pics are normal ........

Thanks guys.

I'm not all that tech savvy, & I'm no photographer, so chances are, I won't be changing much about how I post photos.

At least in the near term.

Steve, can I ask what you used for the top radiator hose on this one, looks far too authentic to be a kit part.

Just wire Gary.

I believe I picked up a roll of "radiator hose" wire from "Preston's Car Parts" many years ago & I still have a bunch of it left.

At one point, it was left out too close to my painting area & wound up getting primer all over it.

Since then, every time i use some, I clean off the primer with a little mineral spirits.

That could be why it looks a little more realistic.

The mineral spirits are taking away a little of the shine & making it look not quite so "black".

Steve

• 1 month later...

Wow, I'm glad I saw this build now, fantastic work as always! That is a good looking car and a pretty much flawless model. Excellent paint job and very sharp BMF work (as always) but I really like your engine detailing too. Very sharp build in every way, plus that it's very nice to see these old and rare kits built so thanks for sharing this one!

And your pics look fine on my computer too.

Steven, this is one fantastic model, it doesn't get better than that and you prove here that this is one of your all-time favourites.

But, anything I have seen from you in the past was no less than superb craftsmanship, excellent paint and beautiful pictures !

Thanks so much guys!

It's already to that point where I should be close to completion on another project, but with my '65 Plymouth paint problems, & just plain dragging my butt, it's going to be a while before I post another one.

So it's nice to see that there is still some interest in this one! :)

Thanks again!

Steve

Don't know how I missed this car back in May, what a stunner - I've never seen a JoHan anything built and detailed to such a level. As for the pictures, I'm on a 24 inch I-Mac and none of them are squished except for Harry's screen shot. Nice photos too.

Only the background reveals that this is not an 1:1 car, I'm simply speechless, and who would guess that this could be an old Jo-Han kit?

Thanks so much guys!

I personally love these old Johan kits!

I've built a lot of them in the past few years & have a bunch more to build.

They're such a refreshing change in subject matter from what's available today.

It takes something "different" but still in my sphere of interest to keep me interested in the hobby.

Luckily with the age of the internet & outlets like ebay, they're able to be found, although quite expensive at times!

I have enough old annuals to keep me busy for many years to come, whether Johan, AMT or MPC, & I've been enjoying the heck out of it!

Thanks again!

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much guys!

I'm humbled!

Such encouraging words from everyone is the greatest motivation there is for the next one.

I still had the "photo studio" set up from the other day so I thought, "why not".

Decided I should add a few indoor photos as well.

Thanks again everyone!!

Steve

photo DSCN5121_zpsnfspurya.jpg

Stunning! This looks like a 1:1 in a showroom. Must have missed out on this thread. 

Btw all the pictures look fine on my screen.