Model Cars Magazine Forum
cobra

Smallest small block Ford

The smallest of the small  came in Auroras Ford GT. I've got one, and its ridiculously narrow.

Aurora-580-2.jpg

The smallest of the small  came in Auroras Ford GT. I've got one, and its ridiculously narrow.

Aurora-580-2.jpg

Huh. I think Revell reissued the old Aurora GT40 about a decade or so ago, so it's less rare than you might think.

On 8/1/2016 at 12:11 PM, Draggon said:

Aurora-580-2.jpg

Buried under all those "snakes" it is hard to tell.

IMG_5005.JPG

On 8/1/2016 at 11:11 AM, Draggon said:

Aurora-580-2.jpg

that's because it's under such "high compression"  :lol:

A small block Ford engine is tiny in the real world too...the outside dimensions of a 221-260-289-302 is approximately 27.5" long including a short waterpump, 18.75" wide and 20.75" high, the 351 Windsor wich is from the same family is the same 27.5" length, but 2.25" wider at 21" as the deck on the 351 is taller, and it's 23.75" high.

started working on the AMT Sunbeam Tiger again.  That 260 seems underscale as well.

Must be another case of a Chevy in a Ford that makes look off, HAS to be a small block chevy because the distributor is on the rear of the engine where no late model Ford has one located.😂😉