Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jeff Lindstrom`s: 1930 Ford Model A -10 1/2 second race car on the "Work Bench" 9/10/16 "Finished pictures posted in the "Under Glass" section 11/5/16

John Teresi

The old saying goes "the devil is in the details"................should we call you El Diablo now?     :)    Some truly nice detailing going on here, as usual !   Cheers, Tim

Codi.....Good one:lol:........but,only if I can call you "Lucifer" ? :P.......thank you friend for your support:)

Great work John ! I have to look at all the details again to soak it in. Where did you get those gold colored disks? AC Moore?

Hi Dave........if your talking about the gold stickers ......I got them at Michaels craft store.......thanks.

Edited by John Teresi

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.....I really appreciate them:).......I made some toggle switches  and attached the rollcage to the frame and made some rear shocks and traction bars and got the rear axle attached to the frame ......I also attached the front and rear wheels ........I made a shifter cable and bracket  for the B&M shifter......I also made a deep dish finned oil pan,painted Alclad and lighly weathered .....I got the radiator grill assembled and painted Alclad......A quick mock up made me realize a had to lengthen the body an 1/8 on an inch but,I think it will look Ok ....I know its not perfect but,good enough for the girls I go with......thanks for looking

DSCF2412_zpst31lko4l.jpg

DSCF2411_zps6ztfcj60.jpg

DSCF2414_zpskj6rcgfi.jpg

DSCF2407_zpsj7kid6cr.jpg

DSCF2394_zpsoo0jyxog.jpg

DSCF2398_zpsnc6e9geo.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Johnny Boy.... that is one huge update... Man is this build looking Killer. You are nailing it on the details and the weathering. I am loving the work you are doing here.  That red looks killer on the roll cage against the black. Loving the little switches you added to it as well as the radiator grill and the mesh for the radiator.  Top Notch work my friend!! Looks like you don't have very much left to finish this one.

Hello.......thanks guys for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:)......I opened up the fenders and finished the body work and got it painted......I painted the body PPG DL50 Black Epoxy Primer then I shot Testors Dullcoat over that......I  made and painted and lightly weathered the master cylinder and got it attached and made and painted Alclad the brake pedal and got that attached......everything is painted now and I will start the finish assembly......thanks for looking.

Hello.......Chris,Mark......thank you for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:)......I made some inside window frames and painted them Alclad and attached the glass.......got the trunk lid on......I also attached the electrical panel ......I made a dash plate and paited it Alclad and lightly weathered it......I also attached the wood dash board......I made a vinyl roof and used "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends and lightly weathered......thanks for looking

DSCF2434_zpsb3hnyvmy.jpg

DSCF2433_zpshcg34vk1.jpg

DSCF2453_zpsu8okeuif.jpg

DSCF2446_zpsdw3vppqi.jpg

DSCF2440_zpsyizh7rdt.jpg

Edited by John Teresi