Model Cars Magazine Forum

'34 Ford Pickup Lo-Boy Hot Rod - Completed 11-01

Well, with one small procedure I’ve completely changed the character of this build. I thought I’d try applying Kosutte Ginsan metalizing powder to the Duplicolor Silver paint color. The change was immediate and dramatic, creating a strong and obvious bare metal look. There was no possibility of applying it selectively, nor of undoing it once it’s laid on. So I jumped in all the way, and one effect was that the red body stripe completely disappeared. So the result is a tougher, more aggressive bare-metal look, one which I believe works better with the funky wide-5 wheels and dirt track tires.

Kosutte_Summary_Web.jpg

Edited by Bernard Kron

Bernard....just "discovered" this thread due to its location in a forum section that I generally do not visit daily.  I better rethink that decision...

Anyway....yet another fascinating BK build, I see.  Great proportions and really encouraged to see that some builders like yourselves are still way into what I call "extreme kitbashing".  And I think the weathering powder was exactly the right step to bringing this one home.  

Will be checking back for updates....but congratulations so far!   TIM 

Bernard....just "discovered" this thread due to its location in a forum section that I generally do not visit daily....

Thanks everyone! Tim, that's my concern with the proliferation of categories and the "gray areas" that certain styles might fall in.  IMHO it ruined the Other Magazine's forums. That's why I make sure my default page I set up in my web browser's bookmarks (Favorites) is to "New Content" set to "Since your last visit". That way I don't miss topics that aren't in categories I'm "officially" interested in.

Thanks everyone! Tim, that's my concern with the proliferation of categories and the "gray areas" that certain styles might fall in.  IMHO it ruined the Other Magazine's forums. That's why I make sure my default page I set up in my web browser's bookmarks (Favorites) is to "New Content" set to "Since your last visit". That way I don't miss topics that aren't in categories I'm "officially" interested in.

"That's why I make sure my default page I set up in my web browser's bookmarks (Favorites) is to "New Content" set to "Since your last visit". That way I don't miss topics that aren't in categories I'm "officially" interested in."

that is exactly what i do...don't miss many threads this way, just wish they would use a larger font to identify the dude starting the thread.

Edited by curt raitz

I’m ready for final assembly. I got a lot done, including re-doing the fuel tank so it looked a little less like a recycled ’32 Ford tank (which is what it is…), fabricated a muffler system because nothing in my stash would fit the cut down chassis, fabricated stanchions for the Revell Deuce headlights and mounted them, painted and finished the grill and painted and installed some seats from my parts box, as well as installing a dashboard and steering wheel from a Revell 3-Window Deuce. I cut glass and glued it into place, too. Now, other than selecting and installing some taillights and making a license plate, it’s ready for gluing together. With luck it should be done in the next few days.

Here’s some pics where it stands now. The assembled car is a mockup so the alignment of the body and bed aren’t precisely where they’ll be, but with everything still loose I was able to do a “cutaway” photo.

Thanx for lookin’,
B.

• 2 weeks later...