Model Cars Magazine Forum

CANNONBALL 2017

Jantrix

Got a little more accomplished before I head back to work, the ride height is about set and the engine/drivetrain is in. It's just  taped together for now, I was pretty nervous and glad to see the height  fit under the hood and engine didn't sit in the interior. Now the hard part, interior work on my next days off

Oh yes, that sits just right!!

Well, I haven't been on here in a while and the Charger is still not open... I have to find a way to post pictures again. I reached the forum size-limits, so I'll be trying to use Photobucket. I WILL post a picture to prove that I'm starting with a fresh kit... But I don't know when.

Jay

Edited by Jay's Customs

I fleshed out the back story for the Impala. These bingo-mobiles are everywhere on Craigslist cheap, so the guys have bought one for $2500 from a grandma who has upgraded to a new Hyundai. It's in good condition except for the usual parking-by-braile mishaps. The guys stripped out the 3800 V-6 and rebuilt it and the transaxle to put out 350 hp. I came across some parts from an unknown police car model so the passenger and the back seat passenger will be fully equipped with electronic counter surveillance- equipment. I also decided that for maximum stealth it would have to be grandma gold in color with the standard mouse fur velour interior. I located a can of DupliColor Chevy gold and actually got a decent paint job on it.

impala_zpsrrhswn1o.png  

Edited by oldcarfan

A related question, do we need to do a build thread on the In Progress Page or just do updates here?

Either is fine.Lets face it, not everyone checks out our CBP, so if you wan more exposure for your work, by all means start an In Progress thread if you'd like. Several of us do.

The '67 Charger is on the bench. However part of my plans have derailed. I'd planned to use the chassis and engine from the 2010 Challenger, but that's not gonna work out. The chassis will fit with some trimming but the suspension s too wide. Because the Challenger has those huge wheel openings that the Charger doesn't have, the tires just don't fit. So. Plan B. Some leftover Viper suspension will be the basis of a scratch-built chassis. More soon.

Finally managed to make some progress on my BRZ, Big thanks to the mother inlaw for taking the kids away for the weekedn! I managed to get about 6hrs uninterupted at my work bench. Most of that time was fine tunning the body kit fitament.

For the front I wanted some Big driving lights, so...

IMG_7197.jpg

& After 6 hrs, this is what I ended up with. Getting the bodykit to fit right was pretty difficult. I'll show more when Photobucket starts working properly & letting me share my images

Ash

IMG_7208.JPG

Hooray progress! Corvette engine is about 95% done. I don't know about you pros, but anytime I can wire an engine with acceptable results I consider it a success. My least favorite part of modeling. I also found my elusive success with dry brushing once I found the right brush. Now I need to learn its finer points. 

Engine.jpg

Edited by Lunajammer

some coooool rides coming up!

I have done the paintjob on my SLR. Couple weeks ago, i painted it silver and with some days (or weeks?) of drying, i painted it with a kind of "racelook":

CIMG170223_020.jpg

CIMG170223_021.jpg

the blue color is called "taubenblau". the goal is, to give it a smooth used look of an old car (:lol: old car...yunker) that the driver used for racetracks. no perfect paintjob - just practical B)the end justifies the means

second part.

while i am sick at home, i visited my parents - because with my hobbybox in my luggage B)

so i worked some evenings without making any photos. i made a lot of mounting the body to take a look, how it fits. always had problems with the doors - the fitted terrible...the choice, to fix them open or closed came near by. the only thing i changed was to seperate the windschield and the rear window -> removed the middle part under the "T-Bar".

second point was, to sand The protruding (? translator) parts of the windows on the pillars, that the door will close. in my case, there was no chance to put the windows in one part in. The doors did not want to close properly...but!

After some decals and made the finish mounting of the windows and doors and pulled the body over the frame, glued it - i was wondering. The doors opened and closed realy good! not perfect, but way better than before. so i have the options, to show it opened or closed :)

some pictuers - of course:

CIMG170323_000.jpg

CIMG170323_002.jpgCIMG170323_001.jpg

to give it a lighter, used look, you can see the overspray under the body:

CIMG170323_006.jpgCIMG170323_007.jpg

the engnie became a washing with "AK engine grime":

CIMG170323_008.jpg

some work on the details and more dust it will turn on the finish line.

OK So finally got my computer / Photobucket issues sorted.

Here are some pics of my progress!

Once I'd sorted the driving lights I moved on to fitting the over fenders, this required a fair amount of work with the Dremel & sanding the inside of the fenders too.

IMG_7203.jpg

IMG_7202.jpg

Thankfully Ive already built a Rocket Bunny 86, so I knew how it should look & where the fenders should sit. However 81's resin bodykit isnt quite as good as the Aoshima Plastic ones... but managed to make it work.

IMG_7204.jpg

So this is what Ive ended up with, pretty happy with it so far, just need to finish off the front lights & fit the spoiler.

IMG_7208.jpg

Loving the others builds here guys!

Ash

Nice work Ash!

...yesturday i finished my SLR...a Picture before the "under glass" starts will follow when i am at home.

now i am thinking about to throw another Cannonballer in the ring...but not sure, what i will take...<_<...Jaguar E-Type perhaps...or an Import-Riceburner...

Edited by Dominik