Model Cars Magazine Forum

Board malfunctions on Firefox?

This just started happening yesterday. On Firefox (my default browser) I'm logged in, but unable to reply or post at all. I couldn't log out, either. Tried closing Firefox, tried rebooting the computer, even ran CCleaner; was able to respond to one post with a quote and then it wouldn't respond again. Finally I loaded the page on Chrome (which I don't like using) and I got in OK. Is this one of the software problems the mods are trying to address? For what it's worth I'm having the same issue with Jalopnik (on Kinja). 

I use Firefox and have been having the very slow thread load times for a long time. Today it feels like I got a new fast internet connection! A few did load slow, but not near a slow as before.

Try clearing your browser cache, and any cookies. I'm running a very old version of Firefox, as newer versions no longer function with my XP 64-bit operating system. While the site is slow at times, I've never had any issues posting or replying to posts.

• 1 month later...

I thought it was just me!  I am using Firefox on two different computers - my laptop when I travel, and the desktop when I'm at home.  The pages keep reloading.  Subtle, like you can't see it, but when I try to hit the back button, I can see the page reloaded hundreds of times.  So, I can't just go back one page to see what I was looking at.  It only happens in Firefox (I know, get a different browser).  Any suggestions?   Oh, and it only appears to happen with this forum. :(

thanks!

I use Firefox and have not had that issue. I feel these problems are always a combination of computer, programs, sites and just plain luck. A lot of things happen between our computers and the servers that the sites we visit are located on. There are also a variety of equipment that the data must pass thru.