Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 International Loadstar 1600

That has to be a Mass Highway rig before they put the seal on the door!  Orange with black fenders back in the day!  Didn't know you lurked around here!!:)

Hi Charlie,

You'd be amazed at some of the places I show up! (LOL) You're right about this being a new (at the time) Mass. DPW truck. This was a delivery photo taken  before the application of the door seals and license plates, in front of the International Harvester dealer on Mystic Ave. in Medford.

Your cab is looking really good. Looks like there are a lot of guys interested in the castings! Keep up the good work!

That has to be a Mass Highway rig before they put the seal on the door!  Orange with black fenders back in the day!  Didn't know you lurked around here!!:)

Just finishing up the reconstituted firewall/floorboard.  It will be sent to AITM tomorrow.  That concludes all of the pieces for casting.  Now it's up to AITM to tell us when he is satisfied with all of the pieces going together.  When he tells me he's good with it the details will be posted.

Just finishing up the reconstituted firewall/floorboard.  It will be sent to AITM tomorrow.  That concludes all of the pieces for casting.  Now it's up to AITM to tell us when he is satisfied with all of the pieces going together.  When he tells me he's good with it the details will be posted.

Charles, that is absolutely beautiful! You captured the lines exactly. I will also be getting one or two from AITM. Can't WAIT! What are you mounting on this for a body?

Charles, that is absolutely beautiful! You captured the lines exactly. I will also be getting one or two from AITM. Can't WAIT! What are you mounting on this for a body?

I have two projects.  One involves a brush truck model with the bars and all and the other will be a wrecker that was a local feature back in the 60's and 70's.

Just for kicks I laid on some nice dark green paint to the Loadstar mainly to see how good the casting was.  It showed up a couple of small places where some touchup would be in order but all and all I think the result is ok.  The International in the hood sides is a decal that was made from an image scanned into my graphics program and printed on the ALPS printer.  The hood ornament was coated with Molotow chrome and then painted with black and red for the IH symbol.  Molotow chrome was used on the headlight trim rings with regular Testors silver in the center portion.  A clear lens will be added later.

061.thumb.JPG.0bfdb03881d63e522196398a29062.thumb.JPG.669a948f328b14af093db4dacf063_(2).thumb.JPG.adb6fce37018b4579b98d2Never fails!  I thought I got all of the dust off before taking the photos!!:P

• 2 weeks later...