Model Cars Magazine Forum
iamsuperdan

From the mind of a 9 year old...

She has done a real cool build , modelling with your child is quality time and is great to see , keep at it .

Reminds me of those airbrushed paint drips that used to be popular, but I like her choice of colour better.  I think she's on to something.

That is totally cool and I am digging it. She did a fantastic job on this. It's great to see that she is taking a liking to your hobby and building her self. You get to have dad and daughter bonding time.

Nice! She did a great job!

i wish my younger brother would get into the hobby like me and my dad before me

These kits are undoubtedly the best starter kits... I clearly remember me and my brother snapping this kit and the other 33 3 window coupe kit they have. They're real simple but so effective. Awesome job. 

Whoa, radical! I agree that it looks like a full-on 80s/early 90s style treatment. I used to have a ball cap with similar graphics, thought it was SO cool :D

Your daughter did an awesome job!!

So I showed her this thread. Now her inflated ego is looking at my stash thinking she can pick just anything for her next project! lolz

In typical 9 year old fashion, she has a message for all of you...

"Thanks, I guess."

I could tell though, that despite her enthuiastic repsonse, she was pretty stoked about the kudos she read here, so I thank all of you for the kind words. 

I guess. :P

We've picked her next project. It will be a little more ambitious, and will still be a Chev.

Your daughter has an 80's soul to her because this is something you would have seen in the 1980's plastered on every car mag cover... It's wicked cool!

It's reassuring to someone encourage kids to build models.They are after all the future of it hobby.congrats to her for building a cool model and to you for encoureging her.Thanks for sharing.