Model Cars Magazine Forum

LHD Gulf Seven

Scale-Master

Thank you David!  It still is being worked on...  But I was in the mood to make something else.

The master cylinder needed to be converted to left-hand drive too, but it instead of modifying the existing part I made a new one from brass, aluminum and resin.  I had a leftover resin copy I made years ago; I cut the reservoir off and fitted it to a hand filed and cut brass cylinder body.  The flange was milled from aluminum.

jIQUz6h.jpg

It wasn't until after I painted the upper frame (after converting it to left-hand drive) I noticed the Tamiya BDR factory build I cannibalized was built with the JPE version part that has a big boss to mount an overflow tank in the middle of the forward X brace.

Keeping the Ford over GM (Vauxhall) theme I filled, whittled and filed the "error" into a correct configuration.

5m2xEmr.jpg

6 hours ago, Scale-Master said:

I milled the top of the battery so it snaps onto the brass body of it.

psGN5vk.jpg

n66AeV0.jpg

Shoot Mark, I thought you were going to mount some smoke grenade launchers!  Very nice battery!  Love the complete scratch build of everything.  Love the work!

You've got the entire "tool-box" covered with the skills you have Mark.  I chuckled at the trip odometer knob as it seems soooo obvious to make one (kidding of course) and it's a very cool little detail.  Then you share your CAD work and it makes me just smile in admiration.  I'm too old to take the time to learn those skills but to all of those builders that possess them all I can say is your imagination is your only limitation.  This entire thread and build is pure fun to watch.   Cheers, Tim