Model Cars Magazine Forum

This a test

No picture showing.

Why not just direct post the picture here from your computer, now that it is being allowed?

Russ

Probably because we have more (LOTS more!) photos, than what we post here. Prefer to have a way to store them independently of our hard drive.

Edited by Jon Cole

I would never trust someone else to store anything I considered valuable. Photobucket isn't the first picture hosting site to essentially disappear. There were people complaining (other places) that they have lost irreplaceable photos of family members, etc, because of PB doing this. To me not having them on something that is  in your control,  is totally insane. People don't realize that this is just the beginning of this sort of thing, with everyone wanting their stuff stored in the "Cloud".

But that is just me.

Russ

I store my photos on my computer, external hard drive and now Fotki. If I lose them in one place, I still have backups. The external hard drive is not kept in the house either. So if there is a fire, or something horrendous, I still have my photos. Figure that I could recover them from one of the 3 places in an emergency. My model photos are less than 5% of the photos I have.

I guess I'll use this thread for a test of direct post, also. Actually, my PB still works and probably will for some time to come. I got a $0.99 a month deal a while back and I guess since I pay something it still works. But I don't like what they're doing to their customers and I really don't feel like I want to be associated with PB any longer than I need to so I'll be shopping around for another hosting site.

IMGP3338.JPG

Cool boat Manuel! Of course, it's gotta be a Stude! Love the blending of the roofline with the lower portion of the boat! B)

I stand by Fotki as far as hosting pics since I go on other sites. Now like others, everything is on my hard disc in one place or another. There are pics that are not on my current hard disc, but on others. I have those drives still so if Fotki ever waves goodbye for some reason, I still have my pics.

As far as the cloud, I do have Carbonite on my laptop. I did have an incident a while back where someone sent something via email (one of those send to 10 people tomfoolery) and sure enough, something got in my OS that I ended up having to wipe the disc clean. Thank goodness I had Carbonite or otherwise I would have lost everything.

Oh! The person that sent that email?? I read them the riot act and mentoned in no uncertain terms that they should NOT send something like that out without knowing where it came from!