Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW Samba Custom Triple Cab Pickup

Wow, really impressed with this !

A LOT of little details make a big difference on this, the windows open, suicide doors, engine work, dash conversion, the list goes on !   Great job I'm sure Kindig would be proud ! !

thank you Martin. i posted one of the pics on their facebook page, but they did not react on it until now ...

Patrick, yours has better wheels and stance than mine!

Stance perhaps but you have 5 spokes that look like Porsche Fuchs rims, as I have on my next build a VW single cab Hasegawa kit.

Edited by PatW

Pictures of the this model should be in the modeling illustrated dictionary under "kitbash" and under "good taste"

Very, very successful kitbash, and one of the very few design changes done on an existing car that looks like could have being this way from the factory. 

Most of the so much liked '60s custom jobs have very poor proportions, with huge front or rear overhangs, a tasteless mix of different parts, and just look like cartoons. The work done on this VW  is on a different league altogether. 

Pictures of the this model should be in the modeling illustrated dictionary under "kitbash" and under "good taste"

Very, very successful kitbash, and one of the very few design changes done on an existing car that looks like could have being this way from the factory. 

Most of the so much liked '60s custom jobs have very poor proportions, with huge front or rear overhangs, a tasteless mix of different parts, and just look like cartoons. The work done on this VW  is on a different league altogether. 

Obrigado, Túlio!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just popped over here from your 911/speedster build and I must say nice job.  At first read I thought a three cab would be weird but you balanced it out nicely.  You might have already noticed but you have the sunroof on backwards, the flaps fold to the back or else they'd catch wing and rip the roof off ?

5 hours ago, FredRPG said:

I just popped over here from your 911/speedster build and I must say nice job.  At first read I thought a three cab would be weird but you balanced it out nicely.  You might have already noticed but you have the sunroof on backwards, the flaps fold to the back or else they'd catch wing and rip the roof off ?

I attached the sunroof according to the assembly instructions, as you can see below.

Zwischenablage01.jpg.542e74121e46bb6e9ee4253c8c9226fd.jpg

18 hours ago, da Speedinger said:

I attached the sunroof according to the assembly instructions, as you can see below.

You did, it's just backwards on the instructions as well. I've had a couple of VWs with the folders, your drawing is the right way around - flat section to the front (this is the part that the lever clamps down to seal) and folds go up over towards the back.  By the way your concept rendering is just as outstanding as your build, again really nice work.