Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dubai police lambo

Gt fan

I saw a picture of this car on the internet and when Studio 27 came out with the decals and light bar kit,it was a no brainer. 

The kit is the Fujimi Aventador LP 700-4 . The kit is fantastic . Has all the photo-etch and a sheet of laser printed details( dash face ,wheels logos and the side badges) The trans kit is from Studio27. They make the kits for all the different cars. I added a few carbon details here and there. Scale Motorsports carbon was used. A fun build and something different for the shelf.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks everyone. Dubai has some cool police cars. If you want a fun build try one. Studio27 makes all the kits. Mclaren (new revell kit). Merc. Benz. Gt ( revell kit) mustang gt and camaro. ( revell kits) 

Studio27's Dubai Liveries are (aside from this Lamborghini)

Mercedes SLS AMG - Fujimi

Nissan (R35) GT-R - Aoshima '15 North America Spec (Good Luck if you don't have one)

McLaren MP4/12C - the only street representation of this car is a $225 Hobby Design Multimedia kit

Audi R8 - Nominally the Revell kit, but S27 made decals for the brand new 2016 R8s, which have many visual external differences from the 2008 kit. The new cars are slicktops, Dubai has older R8s with roof lights and different markings which I've pointed out to the powers that be at S27, we'll see if they ever choose to release the right design.

There are also U.K. liveries for the London Metropolitan Lambo Gallardo (Fujimi) and South Yorkshire Mitsubishi Evo X (Aoshima), as well as Italian State Police Fiat 500 Abarth.

Great work! Its looks fantastic! Might have to check out some of those decal sets!

I remember seeing a fleet of Dubai supercar police cars in one of Ken Blocks Gymkanas , & Ive always wondered how much these cars are actually used for police duties, are they more of a marketing stunt, do they actually pull people over....

Great work! Its looks fantastic! Might have to check out some of those decal sets!

I remember seeing a fleet of Dubai supercar police cars in one of Ken Blocks Gymkanas , & Ive always wondered how much these cars are actually used for police duties, are they more of a marketing stunt, do they actually pull people over....

The cops need these to even begin to catch the current crop of young sheiks and princes in their own supercars.  

G

Looks amazing!  do the doors actually work?  how about the engine cover?

The doors do not work. They give you the option of closed or open. There is a fixed hinge that you have to glue to the back of the door to keep it open. Engine cover doesn't open either. Has good detail for what is there. I made the engine cover and the light bar with carbon decals. 

• 3 weeks later...

The cops need these to even begin to catch the current crop of young sheiks and princes in their own supercars.  

G

Oh yeah. I lived in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia from 1989 to 1992. Saw lots of royal brats bombing around in their supercars.  It may have changed, but the Saudi Traffic Police back then were something of a joke.  They got cars that were already worn out, like very old Volvos and Mazdas.  They were marked, with lights etc., and always sitting prominently at major intersections. Some sat in the same place for so long, we wondered if they even ran.

OTOH, if you got waved over by a couple of guys in nice suits, driving a new BMW, you pulled over immediately. However they identified themselves, that was the secret police, and you did not want to fool around with them.  One of their jobs was keeping tabs on the kwaji (foreigners).